Plastidip Teaser - Page 2 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to rquest

The fact that it's rather gray-ish in color, it would look cool with some black pinstripes along with the black Warrior logo.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rquest View Post
The fact that it's rather gray-ish in color, it would look cool with some black pinstripes along with the black Warrior logo.
I was thinking the same thing, actually. I'm going to start with the logo and go from there. I feel like it could use a pop of color (maybe a little red) somewhere as well, but haven't really decided where it would fit in best. Maybe if I come up with a custom cover for the right side to replace the coffin I can work it in there.

Also, in person it's more green than it looks in the pics. I think the sun being so bright kind of washed things out a bit.
Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #13 (permalink)

bike looks great, kinda like it's army issue which is fitting since it's Veteran's Day. maybe you should replace the "Star" logo with an actual star. ever have any problems regarding scraping with those pipes?

Last edited by Scorchin Scooter; 11-11-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Scorchin Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorchin Scooter View Post
bike looks great, kinda like it's army issue which is fitting since it's Veteran's Day. maybe you should replace the "Star" logo with an actual star. ever have any problems regarding scraping with those pipes?
I had thought about adding a star on there, but I don't want it to seem too military themed, even though that's the color I went with.

I haven't scraped the pipes yet, but I haven't really pushed it since I put them on. Plus, there aren't too many twisties here in Florida anyway.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #15 (permalink)

Thats sweet bruh.

1.Was there a lot of prep work before the plastidip
2. What was the overall cost?
3. Whats you overall feeling on ease of plastidip.
I'm still not that confident in painting my tins. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
tribalMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalMR2 View Post
Thats sweet bruh.

1.Was there a lot of prep work before the plastidip
2. What was the overall cost?
3. Whats you overall feeling on ease of plastidip.
I'm still not that confident in painting my tins. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
1. All I did was make sure things were clean and then I wiped them down with isopropyl alcohol.

2. The dip I bought was about $8 per can. I also used a little blue painter's tape, but I already had that.

3. It was pretty easy, and went very quickly. I didn't do a perfect job. I have a couple places where at a certain angle you can see some unevenness and some texture. From what I understand the texture issue is probably a problem with me being alittle inconsistent on my spray distance near the tailing edge of the tank. I'm pretty sure with a little more practice I could get my technique down and eliminate those issues. The other option would be to buy a "Pro Kit" from dipyourcar.com, which sells for $187 with a gallon of thinned dip and a sprayer. I'm sure with the sprayer it's much easier to get consistent results than with a rattle can. For this round though, I just wanted to try the low investment method to see how it turned out.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #17 (permalink)

Also, dipyourcar.com has their own forum linked to on their site that has a lot of advice and before and after pics. If you're thinking about giving it a try that's a good resource to check out.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:54 PM   #18 (permalink)

Mother,

Thank you. That's a lot of good inforation.

Again your bike looks sweet and I really like that matte or camo green color.
tribalMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:50 AM   #19 (permalink)

Just purchased 4 cans of the black and cleaner..... Taking my tank and tins off tomorrow after the last season ride, and next year the bike will be black, not blue.

Thanks for the inspiration
Old 11-12-2012, 01:29 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy_ny View Post
Just purchased 4 cans of the black and cleaner..... Taking my tank and tins off tomorrow after the last season ride, and next year the bike will be black, not blue.

Thanks for the inspiration
Sounds awesome, man. Post up some pics when it's all done!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Warrior Pics and Vids