Plastidip Teaser - Page 4 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayak101 View Post
Thanks! Is it really as easy to remove as just peeling it off? If so, I'd definitely give it a try!
Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #32 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to rquest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother View Post
I was thinking the same thing, actually. I'm going to start with the logo and go from there. I feel like it could use a pop of color (maybe a little red) somewhere as well, but haven't really decided where it would fit in best. Maybe if I come up with a custom cover for the right side to replace the coffin I can work it in there.

Also, in person it's more green than it looks in the pics. I think the sun being so bright kind of washed things out a bit.
Maybe you could outling a black "Warrior" in red but That would be about it for me. It too easy to get hoaky looking. (Unless you had the black wheels with the red stripes) Then just a few black pin-stripes on the top of the tank and fenders. Remember, less is more! BTW, did you sand first? And what color was the plastie-paint?

Last edited by rquest; 11-12-2012 at 05:05 PM.
rquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Haha... hmmmm... no.
Just for the record I wasn't kidding. I'm thinking of doing my drz400 in camo green and painting some of those on the sides of the tank and doing chrome spikes on the fenders. Because... (wait for it)... THAT'S HOW I ROLL!!!
Shag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rquest View Post
Maybe you could outling a black "Warrior" in red but That would be about it for me. It too easy to get hoaky looking. (Unless you had the black wheels with the red stripes) Then just a few black pin-stripes on the top of the tank and fenders. Remember, less is more! BTW, did you sand first? And what color was the plastie-paint?
I'm going to start with just "Warrior" in black and see if I think it needs anything else at all. I agree, it would be easy to take it too far and have it not look right.

No, no sanding first. I can peel the green right off and reveal the still-intact factory finish underneath. The color I used is "Camo Green".
Old 11-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shag View Post
Just for the record I wasn't kidding. I'm thinking of doing my drz400 in camo green and painting some of those on the sides of the tank and doing chrome spikes on the fenders. Because... (wait for it)... THAT'S HOW I ROLL!!!
Just make sure you add on a few fake bullet holes at the same time!
Old 11-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Just make sure you add on a few fake bullet holes at the same time!
Mother, please don't encourage him, he's bad enough without help and meds.
the_CADFather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #37 (permalink)

He may very well add ACTUAL bullet holes. Probably will decrease overall mileage, as well as heat emanating off of bike...

Warrior Brothers World Wide Map

Member #3,925. Woo Hoo!!
californiacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:08 PM   #38 (permalink)

I've been pretty hesitant about painting this winter because I'm not totally sure what I want and I can't justify spending the money on a paint job I may or may not want for more than a year. Now I have a solution! How many cans did you go through on your bike?
Judgewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:53 PM   #39 (permalink)

I just did the wheels and emblems on my truck. I am thinking of doing the bumpers so I have no chrome. I will post some picture when I get everything done.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:02 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgewarrior View Post
I've been pretty hesitant about painting this winter because I'm not totally sure what I want and I can't justify spending the money on a paint job I may or may not want for more than a year. Now I have a solution! How many cans did you go through on your bike?

That's exactly why I am doing this. Think I want a black warrior, but not sure..... and for $50 bucks for 4 cans of plasti dip and a bottle of cleaner, I'll have a flat black warrior to ride next year..... And if I like it, and the plasti dip starts looking like crap, I'll peel it off and paint it...

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Warrior Pics and Vids