Monty's Magical Mystery Tour - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2017, 08:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

Talking Monty's Magical Mystery Tour

Ladies and Gentlemen, I use the last term loosely

Welcome to another addition of travels with Monty. This year is kind of a mystery what going to happen. I did have this huge elaborate plan to see the Balkan states for the summer. Though its beginning to look more and more like that plan wont be followed, at least not entirely.

I still am planning to leave Ukraine, about, April 1, weather pending. I will head south for a while, while keeping in touch with my partner here in Kyiv for news of a project I am working on. In the mean time I plan to explore some of Romania and Bulgaria!

No matter if my original plan to see the Balkan states works or if this project gets the support we are needing. I will be bringing you guys a summer of motorcycle riding!

So stay tuned for more info, otherwise enjoy the show! In the mean time pop over to my blog http://www.travellingmyrt.com/ and check out some of what I have been up to this winter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

milkman672042000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2017, 08:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

will be looking forward as always to live vicariously through your travels. Don't forget when you take pictures to keep the female scenery in mind for some of us older dudes LOL younger ones probably like to see them as well.

christok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:18 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by christok View Post
will be looking forward as always to live vicariously through your travels. Don't forget when you take pictures to keep the female scenery in mind for some of us older dudes LOL younger ones probably like to see them as well.
+++1

Service Manual can be found here (thanks Robriquez)

Proper way to check oil level
scawein is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2017, 09:59 AM   #4 (permalink)

Awesome!! Looking forward to it!
M

(video)

MMFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ready to live vicariously through your posts!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Rdubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

Well the last few week and a half have been crazy. Planning my upcoming trip while going to business meetings trying to promote this project for the summer.

Anyways a few friends that live in Western Ukraine had bought an old 1986 VW Transporter and wanted to come to Kyiv as a test drive.

Well they made it here. We went out got some food and went to a pub for some live music.

He went to go home the next day. He got about 90km from Kyiv and called me saying he was broken down. We arranged a truck to come get him and bring him back to Kyiv. His wife and sister-in-law took the train back to their city and the next day we attempted to diagnose what was up. After tinkering around all morning we did everything I have the capability to do at my garage. So we found a guy just 200-300 meters up the road, yes its up hill to get there. Nobody was around to help us push and the mechanic refused to come help us tow it. So I hooked the warrior up to it and started off. We were going, slowly but still going. Then the road got a bit steeper and I just couldnt get any traction. The back tire kept slipping.

Finally we gave up on the idea.

We finally got a tow to the mechanic and had a huge argument with him. He was telling us its the fuel line. We told him it cant be the only issue because we had a new 3 foot section of fuel line and ran it to a new can of diesel and still the problem exists... Needless to say he finally told us to leave.

We found a new mechanic and called another wrecker to come take us there. Left the truck there, much more professional outfit, and came home.

Old 03-21-2017, 04:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Good luck to your friend and Yoshi the warrior tow truck!

DARK MIDKNIGHT WARRIOR
Check out the DIY MOD LISTfor many free, cheap, easy Mods!! You will be glad you did!
Nightshifter's and Insomniac's Thread New Member FAQ
rcoligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:23 AM   #8 (permalink)

Ok guys I know its been a while and you might be asking yourself, self, why isn't Monty travelling yet?. That is a very good question.

Well I will tell you a little more about whats going on. I have been in Ukraine for about 18 months now. In this time I have noticed a huge gap on info for things to see and do, in English, in Ukraine. After making this comment in passing to a few people one of my friends approached me with a project. To spend the summer travelling around Ukraine documenting the sights and create a travel app!

So at the moment I am in Kyiv working on this project, the logistics along with a website and a Facebook page, which all will be coming out soon.

I also want to use this opportunity to do some personal things like work on making videos. I have never tried this before and just got my camera. So please excuse everything. This is more of a test for me just to see. Hopefully it will get better and better as time goes.

Anyways stay tuned! I have to leave soon to get a proper visa so I will spend a few weeks in Moldova exploring drinking wine and practicing making more videos!

Old 03-30-2017, 10:16 AM   #9 (permalink)

great video. never know it was your first try however i think the more appropriate title would be Monty and his warrior ATV

christok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:27 AM   #10 (permalink)

Love the fold type music and just curious what tires do you run? Interesting terrain.
Heftysmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Warrior Pics and Vids