Saddlebags? - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2010, 03:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Saddlebags?

Hi, I've been trying to keep it as slim and aerodynamic as I can (yamaha half windshield, D&D slip on). Now I think I need saddlebags for longer trips but still want to keep the slim low profile. Excuse me for not knowing much about them can u tell me: 1. What do u recommend for smallest profile saddlebags and 2. I heard u just can't buy the bags themselves u need some brackets and they have to clear the exhaust? Thx in advance.
cruzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2010, 04:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Saddlebags?

I use Cortech Sport saddle bags. I originally had them on my sport bike, but they also work great on my Warrior. They are easy to mount, and remove, and they are expandable, so they hold a ton of sh!t. I also have the sport tail bag, which clips to the saddle bags. It's a kickass system. I use saddle bag brackets too, and I would recommend them, to keep everything secure. Hope this helps.

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/cata...-p-149_31.html

(Check Ebay)

Cheers
Old 09-20-2010, 07:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

I use the Yamaha Cruiselite bags

I use them as throw over's no brackets or anything. They're not the roomiest but I've fit

a 2 liter bottle in each with some room for small stuff. I've only used the duffle once. It did

it's job. If your looking for a quick throw over and not planning on loading them up these work

well in my opinion.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

I just haven't been able to wrap my mind around putting bags on my warrior. I just can't do it.
mikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

If there's a cycle gear location close by go check them out. I bought dome roomy cortechs that you can also attach a big duffle to. They're adjustable and fit right under the seat so they're easy on and off.
02texwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemike
I just haven't been able to wrap my mind around putting bags on my warrior. I just can't do it.

They are a bit of a necessity when you travel.I'd like to see how you could do a week or 2 with no bags. Might get a bit stinky! And hey, it takes me less than 2 minutes to strip all the bags off my bike when I'm home from a trip.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:32 AM   #7 (permalink)

I hate bags, but they are a necessary evil when I commute to and from work. I found these bags were the best fit for me. http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go...etail/IMID/694

They're a little bigger than the sport bags or the yamaha bags, but I have no problem fitting my jacket, chaps, sweatshirt, etc. They're even expandable if you need a little more room. They have some nice features as well (rain covers, internal pockets, and external water bottle holsters). I like them because they take about 30 seconds to add or remove them.
drumcean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have the saddlemen Slant-n-cruise with the quick detachable locking bracket. Plus I have the Yamaha soft luggage. The best thing about that combo is, Depending on what i need to carry, I can choose the bag combo I need. Me and Mrs, just got back on a 600 mile weekend trip, and I used all of them and my yamaha tank bag. More than enough room.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

Default Saddlebags

I myself do not care for saddlebags, but, however, with me being Military, and having rules on what I have to wear when riding, I have to have saddlebags to carry around extra clothes, shoes, ex.... All I did was go to Rural King here by Ft Campbell and bought a cheap set of bags. Cost roughly 80$ And bought some brackets from another member here on the site for 20$....
Paratrooper95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

Default Tourmaster Cruiser III Slant Saddlebags

I'd be lost without my Tourmaster Cruiser III Slant Saddlebags.
randy_ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Frequently Asked Warrior Questions