Batwing style Fairing and Bags - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2013, 01:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Batwing style Fairing and Bags

Hey guys im kinda looking into putting a batwing style front fairing on my warrior.. might be breaking tradition but i want the radio, also i want a hardbag only thats similar to that of " say a 2012 HD Streetglide " ( Saddlebags ) anyone wanna point me in the right direction? Pretty Please!!!!
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2013, 03:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Tsukayu makes nice fiberglass saddle bags very similar to the HD bags at a very reasonable price. As for the fairing, there is the Memphis Shades fairing that can be mounted on the Warrior fairly easily. The only draw back of it, it does not have the radio you want. However Hog Tunes makes a system that fits in a Memphis Shades. You can see what your Warrior would look like by checking my Avatar or my album. The fairing and bags would set you back about 9 hundred, the Hog tunes I think are about 250.00.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Memphis Shades batwing for the Warrior is 279.00, I saw some hard bags that fit the Warrior on ebay, lots of audio options out there, Cycle Sound's speakers are Poineer, if I didn't already have tunes I would check them out.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:07 AM   #4 (permalink)

I did a post on ebay spent $150 for the bags plus misc parts and a little modification. You can click on my name and look at posts I created.

Bad install will be easier with a sissy bar as it gives a flat mounting surface for brackets since our frame rails are far from flat.

I am also considering the Memphis shades batwing. I did a stealth windsheild with mirror base mounted speakers and although it continues to serve the purpose till I come back to issue I do have ultimate goals in mind. I think the batwing deal is based on the Raider with modification so I am thinking any wing for a raider can be made to work and there are alot of different wing options out there. The big issue is most of them are for quick detach. If you don't care about quick detach then installing the wing anyway you can doesn't matter. **** can always drill and tap the forks and screw it right in.
2009 Warrior - Cobra Pipes - Air Hawk Pad - Stealth Windshield - Vbak - Boss Speaker System - Ebay Universal Hard Bags, Kuryakyn Swingwings upfront, switch blades with 4" drops in back and cut off heel guard, Darkside 225/45zr17...

"Typical Texan - I don't need the police I have guns"
DAFAIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

The memphis shades look awful.. The design looks to be as if youd zip tie it on looking from the rear.. Tsukayu sells some really nice looking " patrol bags " but will they fit ( or be too long ) with my v&h bigshots. In other news.. Im also now a 280 rear tire kit'd ride
Old 01-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

Memphis shades road star bags.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2002-05-04 13.31.23.jpg (391.8 KB, 352 views)
File Type: jpg 2002-05-04 13.31.01.jpg (420.1 KB, 297 views)
File Type: jpg 2002-05-04 13.30.49.jpg (382.5 KB, 211 views)
File Type: jpg 2002-05-04 13.32.24.jpg (355.6 KB, 216 views)
rxape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterWarrior View Post
The memphis shades look awful.. The design looks to be as if youd zip tie it on looking from the rear.. Tsukayu sells some really nice looking " patrol bags " but will they fit ( or be too long ) with my v&h bigshots. In other news.. Im also now a 280 rear tire kit'd ride
Go to Tsukayu.com, click on the Patrol pic., click on Patrol pics, scroll down to Yamaha, click on the Warrior. You'll see a Warrior with just about the same size pipes you have and you can see they will fit fine. Looking at your Warrior I think they will look great. They are well made bags, carpet lined. They provide excellent brackets, and they hug the bike.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Everything i see says " not including warrior " on tsukayu
Old 01-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

Found one.. Red bike.. They look to high..
Old 01-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

You can mount them lower. I mounted them that high because I liked how they flowed with the fender. You can mount them as low as an inch above your pipes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Frequently Asked Warrior Questions