RS Warrior Forum banner

Oil capacity

6K views 35 replies 20 participants last post by  shadow670 
#1 ·
Went to change oil and could only get 2.5 quarts to come out.
I have read on other post that the warrior holds 5 quarts. What am I missing? I have pulled the filter, the 17 mm engine bolt and the 10 mm oil pan bolt yet oil is still full under the seat where the stick goes in. I also made sure the bike was warmed up.

#29 ·
Nope, 5W isn't for bikes up here. When it's cold enough for you to need 5W nobody is riding a bike!!

#30 ·
Churchkey put up some excellent pics in the "how to forum". It is a shame that Yami is so derelict in the owner manual about the oil tank under the seat. Lots of used oil not getting drained out of these bikes it looks like. Anyhow two bolts, both 17 mm located as described, one just aft and right of suspension spring at about a 45 degree angle down. The other 17mm front lower left of engine straight down. Kobalt 17mm 12 pt wrench fits just fine on front one. Socket wrench works fine on back one.
My Warrior takes just over 5 quarts. I also leave the drains open for about 45 minutes.

Remember to get 2 oil plug bolt washers about $1.95 Yami part # 214-11198-01
Image Insert:

Image Insert:

#32 ·
quote:Originally posted by OldMan

It will tell you to put in about 2.5 qts then put the filler cap back on and start the engine, run it for a bit then shut back down. This takes that 2.5 and pushes it into the engine making room for the rest of the new oil. If you don't do this but just keep on pouring you'll have one very big oily mess to clean up.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

i figure this out the hard way [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

the oil started pouring out near the base of the funnel where it went in the engine, luckly i was able to shove the funnel down hard , and made good enough seal to hold it until i got the bike started.

it then started to bubble up, and spurt everywhere....

your not lying about a mess [}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

#35 ·
quote:Changed the oil last night, book says 4.3 QT.
I added 2 QT to the engine through the plug in the crank case and the rest through the filler tube.

OK, I've got to ask? Where is the "Plug in the crank case".Please don"t tell me it's the hex head behind the rear cylinder and if so your a better man than I tring to get oil in there.

#36 ·
read everything the manual says total amount is 5.29qt
------------
without filter change 3.91qt
-------
with oil filter replaced 4.33qts
--------------------------------
5.29 is for new motor that has never had oil in it when you drain yor crank an oil tank you still have oil left in the oil lines and other various places through out the system.That leaves a few ounces behind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.