Custom Handlebars - Cable Length? - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2008, 02:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Default Custom Handlebars - Cable Length?

I have a question to make life easier. What cable length is needed for different handlebar options? Like, we know the '04+ models have handlebars with slightly more pullback and slightly longer cables than '02-'03. Plus sometimes the stock cables work perfectly with aftermarket handlebars, like theYamaha TT Bars use the stock cables perfectly. Its such a hassle every time we want to consider a handlebar swap.If you have aftermarket handlebars installed on your Warrior could you please post-up what year Warrior you have and what handlebars you have, and if you have longer cables say how much longer they are? If you have a picture of your bike with the bars/cables installed it would be even more helpful. Thanks!

I have the '03 with Yamaha TT Bars and stock length cables. The electric wires are a bit short - I hope to change that this winter.
[*]
Here's the dimensional differences:
[*]Handlebars - Stock - 2002-2003: 11-1/2" pullback 34" wide 6" rise[*]Handlebars - Stock - 2004-2008: 13" pullback 34" wide 5-1/2" rise[*]Handlebars - Yamaha TT - '02-'08: 10-1/2" pullback 34-1/4" wide 6-1/2" rise[/list][/list]

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2008, 02:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Custom Handlebars - Cable Length?

Hey AZ, I've got an 07 Warrior and had the CP punisher bars with 13" of pullback and 33" width and I did not need to extend any wires at all. I just put on some six inch risers with some drag bars and now have excess wires. I don't have any pics of the drag bars in my gallery yet but the CP bars are shown on the bike. I hope this helps out!
mtazeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:08 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Warrior

I have a question to make life easier. What cable length is needed for different handlebar options? Like, we know the '04+ models have handlebars with slightly more pullback and slightly longer cables than '02-'03. Plus sometimes the stock cables work perfectly with aftermarket handlebars, like theYamaha TT Bars use the stock cables perfectly. Its such a hassle every time we want to consider a handlebar swap.If you have aftermarket handlebars installed on your Warrior could you please post-up what year Warrior you have and what handlebars you have, and if you have longer cables say how much longer they are? If you have a picture of your bike with the bars/cables installed it would be even more helpful. Thanks!

I have the '03 with Yamaha TT Bars and stock length cables.

The electric wires are a bit short - I hope to change that this winter.

Ari,

If this is going to be another one of those very interesting tables I came across with your signature, can you ask for the tach/speedo visbility as well?
phat-azz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Im still running the stockers, but think that this post could be an amazing tool for people such as myself, who don't know what direction to turn with their bars, even after using the search function. I trust your opinions(and pics)way more than I trust someone who is trying to sell me theirbars. I hope we can keep it going.
davidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Pep

I installed Milwaukee Twins Radius Drag Bars (8" rise, 8" pullback, 33-1/2" wide) and replaced my cables with ones that are 4" over.
Pep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

That's nice of you to say. The surveys have been group efforts and the guys on this forum know their stuff and are willing to share their experiences. There's no plan to go to that extent in the future but if we can get a bunch of data from members about handlebars here (and grips in that topic that was started) then we should all be able to pick our next handlebars! Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidd

Im still running the stockers, but think that this post could be an amazing tool for people such as myself, who don't know what direction to turn with their bars, even after using the search function. I trust your opinions(and pics)way more than I trust someone who is trying to sell me theirbars. I hope we can keep it going.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

Whatever happened to this. Can we keep it going please.
davidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

I've asked about the Baron's Bomber bars before but would like a comment in this thread if someone has info.
doubledown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I don't know the cable answer, somebody will chime in. This isfrom the Popular Mods post:

Handlebars - Barons Radius - 2002-2008: 7-1/2" pullback 33" wide 7-1/2" rise
Handlebars - Barons Bomber - 2002-2008: 5-1/2" pullback 33" wide 4-1/2" rise

Handlebars - Stock - 2002-2003: 11-1/2" pullback 34" wide 6" rise
Handlebars - Stock - 2004-2008: 13" pullback 34" wide 5-1/2" rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown

I've asked about the Baron's Bomber bars before but would like a comment in this thread if someone has info.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:06 AM   #10 (permalink)

Hi,

I really like the T-bar styling and would love to get a set of Carlini Super Sweeps but I want more pullback. Does anyone know of a T-Bar that has more pullback than the Carlini's?

Thanks!

Randy
nh_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion