VIN & Color Codes - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2010, 01:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default VIN & Color Codes

Hey everybody, is the color code within the bike's vin number? If so, where? I've got an 02 but it's been repainted and the previous owner isn't sure what the original color was (it was either Indigo, Red, or Titanium, right?). If the color code isn't in the VIN, is there another means to figure out the original paint? Thanks forany input!
veritas82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2010, 02:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: VIN & Color Codes

What color is it under the tank and front fender? I would just about bet the original color could be seen there.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

That would be ideal but when this bike was 'repainted' the fenders and tank were swapped.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sorry, I got nothin.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Platinum Sponsor

dont know that yama did a vindicator for the paint color. besides if its not the color you want and you want a stock color it still wont be a stock paint job if its repainted by someone , so unless your buying all new parts in a specific color, other wise just paint it as you like in a factory color you like , btk572
btk572 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to robriguez

cant help on the vin but you are correct in that the 02 would only be silver or red
robriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Okay, you're right btk572. Yamaha didn't have a vindicator for the paint. I ended up calling Yamaha Corp. (1-800-962-7926) to get some info of how to determine the original color of my warrior. Apparently the model number on my warrior's data plate holds that info (XV17PCT-GY). The 'dash' letters are the paint code as the 'GY' designates the Metallic Titanium color. After confirming this paint, a Yamaha rep. directed me to www.colorrite.com. This website allows you to do a make/model/year specific search to give you a list of equivalent colors and their respective codes to choose from. I'm relaying this info in hopes to help people with their search in this area but I don't know if the model number designates the color for all years of the warrior as the model number listed was a 2002. Thanks for the responses, everbudy!
Old 07-29-2010, 02:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Platinum Sponsor

just a little help for you ,you can go to a reputable auto paint supply shop and get the exact color with that code and not have to have the paint mailed to you ,get all you supplies locally and if you need more of something its right there in town not a couple days away in the mail,hope that helps ,btk572
btk572 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator

If it still exists, the white 'colorsticker' isunder the rider seat next to the dry break and idle screw.

Also, the Star parts website athttp://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/parts/home.aspx is often helpful.

Select themodel year, then selectthe Warrior, then click 'Fuel Tank' for the disassembled view and paint number(s).

arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Okay AZWarrior, I'll look to see if that tag is still there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion