RSW DESIGNED EXHAUST SYSTEM...turning a dream into reality - Page 65 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2012, 12:36 AM   #641 (permalink)

Another Winning Idea! Thanks btk!

G

Quote:
Originally Posted by btk572 View Post
put either a piece of copper tubing or a piece of steel fuel line in the noodle. the tubing will nedd a little extra bend to make up for the hole size of the noodle but youll get it . as for the mount of the can i have a way to mount it and make a very smooth line with no swedging down the tube. the header and the stock pipe are very close in exit locations, the stock pipe just has a smaller collector mount area compared to the 2 incher of the speedstar pipe. hope some of that helps for you guys, btk572
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 12:39 AM   #642 (permalink)

I agree with you 100%....thank you Casey.

Gary...I may not be able to come up to see you soon, but let me ship the S* over to you so you can mock things up on it along side with the stock exhaust. If you want I can even send my stock midnight too.

Let me know when you are ready to go bend some tubes....I will Paypal you some $....I do not want you to go in on this alone.

P.s. You're just gonna have to buy the S* from me for $100,000,000.........LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07midnight57 View Post
Bill is an awesome person, worker, mechanic, designer and fabricator. If you guys burn this bridge by calling him out on things we will lose a valuable member of this forum that knows A LOT of what he is talking about. Maybe people should think twice before saying things and calling people out that they know nothing about. Constant posting and pictures are not required to prove anything. Would you want your employees posting pictures of the work efforts and so on throughout the day on facebook or some other site? No, you wouldn't. You would want them to working not wasting time posting pictures and crap. Everyone on this forum has a life beyond it. Personal lives take a backseat to forums, internet and side projects. If any of you guys that have talked bad here about Bill ever met him, you would eat your words I guarantee it!! I'll gladly stand up next to him and defend him and his work. I've done it before and I'll continue to do so.

If you haven't invested money, sent anyone involved in this process parts or personally done work to further this process, shut the helll up with the negativity. You have no right to say anything negative about a positive topic that some of us are trying to bring to a reality. Like your mother or father taught you, if you don't have anything nice to say.... keep it out of our thread!

Thank you for reading my upset (not angry) rant. You know your better than this guys, lets not push out people that are willing to do things for the betterment of the forum. You may now go back to your day.

Casey
Old 02-20-2012, 01:31 AM   #643 (permalink)

Rx

Thats a great Idea. With BTK's copper tube idea I should have the Stock header mock up & dim done by Monday or Tuesday.

Actually, I could swing by Late (9ish) Saturday night on my way home from Barstow to pick up the pipe. At least stop by and say Hello.

100,000,000 What a deal! I want 2! LOL You know I might just buy it from you. I don't need any money, I'm just doing this for fun, Put the Money in the Kids School fund.

With the Speedstar header, this gives us a better pipe to marry up with btk's headers.

I wanna start bending metal!

G

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx_warrior View Post
Gary...I may not be able to come up to see you soon, but let me ship the S* over to you so you can mock things up on it along side with the stock exhaust. If you want I can even send my stock midnight too.

P.s. You're just gonna have to buy the S* from me for $100,000,000.........LOL
Old 02-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #644 (permalink)

Default Lasted Mock-Up

1st btk came up with another Killer Idea. Went down Auto Zon picked up a 2 ft section of pre made brake line cut off 4 inch's Slipped a Large plastice hose over it and taped the ends. This allowed the Floaty Noodle to hold a bend.

Then i carved down the end that clamps onto the headers with a single edge razor. This allowed for a nice slip fit onto the manifold with out adding any binding or crimping or "false" bends.

Scalloped the end a bit with my belt sander

Put it on the bike and bent the Floaty Noodle.

A couple members mention it needed a little more bend. So here it is.

The pipe is still a inch too long if you notice start and end points on the original drawing, but this is just to get something out there. From here any bends should be pretty easy and shorting the pipe is a matter of a hack saw and belt grinder.

Please send good or bad feedback. I am by no means a pro and won't be offended.

Also Sat night after work, I'm gonna stop by Rx's house and pick up the Speed* manifold make a mock up to that next.

G
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Katie's 21st B-day.jpg (210.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Katie's 21st B-day 001.jpg (320.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Katie's 21st B-day 003.jpg (304.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Katie's 21st B-day 004.jpg (299.7 KB, 52 views)
Old 02-20-2012, 05:49 PM   #645 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Complete with the requested Dragon haha! I like it.

The same can will sit differently off the speedstar header but try it without making any adjustments for the more up-swept collector orientation. On the speedstar this can will probably rise higher so with the exact same radius it'll still look great I think.

Now get th' stick outta yer floaty noodle and git back ta werk!
arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #646 (permalink)

It's amazing how a floatie noodle and some pics was all this project needed to get back on track. I might just have to start looking for a cheap stock header!
Old 02-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #647 (permalink)

This is "The Dragon" Model. This is a proof of concept "base line". btk's suggestion of the brake line is KILLER! This allows for the mock up to hold its shape. You can handle it, its VERY sturdy!

After the suggestions come in I can make more in about a hour.

Like I stated earlier, I feel its about a inch too long, but this one is the base line and I'll just make another one.

Really want to make one for the Speedstar.

G
Old 02-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #648 (permalink)

Let's get the full effect wrap that noodle in aluminum foil shiney side out
Old 02-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #649 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Any idea yet what material the 'can' be be made with (polished stainless or chromed steel), and what slimey-muffler-guts will go into it? I think you mentioned it'll slip-on like the stocker and the Speedstar 2-1-2?
arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #650 (permalink)

Personally? I LIKE IT!!!!

If price is reasonable and it meets CA noise standards I would certainly buy one.
californiacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion