Baloo's winter project - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2011, 09:27 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Baloo's winter project

Hi to all,

I'm a proud owner of a 2005 Midnight since a year from Hungary/Europe. This type of bike is not sold since 2004 in Europe, mine is also from the US. It is really hard to buy here parts/accessories on a reasonable price, because of Yamaha's low interest and really high pricing. I'm always wondering when I see the prices in the US and in Hungary, here everything is nearly double.

But anyway I plan some winter mods untill March to complete, like as :
- Yamaha T-Bar ( will be drilled, internally wired and powder coated black ),
- Yamaha Speedstar AIS cover / without filter / ( will be painted matt black )
- or Küryakyn Hypercharger body
- Yamaha lower cowl,
- Yamaha tach cowl.

If some of You have any of these items used but not in use - even if have some scratches, I'm interested to buy because all will be painted - and willing to sell and send it to Europe, please let me know with what price.

On top I would like to buy an adjustable lowering link and an integrated tail led lamp, what is Your proposal for ?

I follow this site since a year and nearly sure some of You can help me.

Baloo

Last edited by baloohungary; 12-18-2011 at 06:52 AM.
baloohungary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2011, 09:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

Hey Baloo! Sounds like a great list -as far as getting a lower cowl, you should check into this guy on E-Bay. I THINK (not sure) his name is Paul, and he's in Lithuania, so he's already on your side. There have been several members who have bought from him, and he has a great reputation with him. You can get a lower cowl like the one in this e-bay add, or you can get the regular looking one. He also does fenders and other stuff.

YAMAHA XV1700 ROAD STAR WARRIOR LOWER COWL / BELLY PAN | eBay

One other thing -you can't drill out Yamaha TT bars to run internal wiring all the way down inside the riser. The wires can't go down from the handlebar to the riser because the handlebar is a one piece pipe, it isn't drilled for wiring at the top of the riser. You can drill to run the wires inside the handlebar, but you will have to drill another hole next to the riser and run the wires down outside / beside the riser. Make sense? Sorry, I can't explain it very well.

I bought an integrated tail light from Custom Dynamics, and I love it. It's VERY bright, and easy to mount.

Pacific Coast Star has some good lowering links, as well as other stuff you might like for your warrior. I don't know if they ship overseas though.

http://www.pacificcoaststar.com/pcs/...wering_kit.htm

Good luck on your project, and keep us posted on what you're doing

Last edited by LeaderDuece; 12-17-2011 at 09:36 AM.
LeaderDuece is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:21 AM   #3 (permalink)

Hi LeaderDuece,

Thanks for the suggestions. I will contact this Lithuanian guy for the lower cowl. BTW is it the same look like the original Yamaha one ?

Yes I know, the Yamaha T-Bar is originally not drilled internally, but I will drill from the top of the bar in front of the riser ( both sides of the tube ) and will make the other holes also in the grip region and in the lower end of the "riser". Than it will be welded and finally powder coated to black. I prefer really the look and sizes of this bar, this is why I would like to go for.

Baloo
Old 12-17-2011, 10:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

Sounds like you know what you're doing. He has a lower cowl that's exactly like the Yammi one, and he has one which is like the "Low and Mean" cowl. He'll paint it for you for 50 bucks more.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hi to all,

Anyone to sell ?

Baloo
Old 12-23-2011, 01:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

Bump...

Anyone
Old 12-26-2011, 01:52 AM   #7 (permalink)

Hi Gents,

Time to time I see some ads like this
( Yamaha Warrior Double ?T? Fat Bars | eBay ) on e-bay which are very interesting, but most of the cases they just ships to the US.

Is any of You motivated/interested to buy it for me in the US and send me to Europe ?

Why I'm asking this, because the original 150-170 USD price if seller ships to europe is too high for me. The custom is adding 10% TAX on top of the shipped price, than plus 25% VAT. It would be appr 300 USD than for me. And this is PITA.

Thanks Baloo
Old 12-26-2011, 02:26 AM   #8 (permalink)

+1

Do any of You knows what is the difference or is there any, or which one is the Warrior Speedstar finally?

I need for the right side and from my design point of view the one with the two intake is much nicer.

Even if this is finally for the V-Star 1100, is there any difference in size of installation ?

Star V-Star 1100 Chrome Air Cleaner Speedstar STR-5KS09-57-01 | eBay

Roadstar Warrior Speedstar air cleaner assembly | eBay

Yamaha Vstar 1100 Classic&Custom Model Speedstar Air Cleaner Assembly - Chrome | eBay

Yamaha Warrior Speedstar AIS Cover Chrome STR-5PX09-67-01 | eBay

Thanks Baloo
Old 12-27-2011, 05:26 AM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to jarv

Just had a look on the Vstar website and a couple of Videos on YouTube.
I would say the 1100 Vstar has a different intake design and will not be the same as the Warrior.

The listed the Kuryakyn Hypercharger (it has two butterfly intakes). Is that the one you are looking for?

Hypercharger? Kits for Metric Cruisers | Küryakyn

Used TT bars come up on the classified forum fairly regularly and would offer a good saving on new.
I know LeaderDuece has mentioned it - and you HAVE replied, but I can't help thinking that you are taking a difficult route trying to drill and internally wire the Yamaha TT bars.
Would it not be "safer" to actually buy bars that ARE designed for internal wires?
It would be a serious waste of time and money, to discover that it can't be done after going to all the trouble of getting them sent to Hungary!
I realise that nothing is impossible, but it has been discussed on the forum many times and has been agreed that the TT bars can't be wired.
If you are going to the effort of drilling, welding and powdercoating the bars, why not make a pair (or get someone else to do it)?
It would probably save you money!
I fully appreciate the frustration and difficulty of trying to get parts from the US (believe me) and so I struggle to see the logic behind the handlebars plan.
Just saying.

jarv's gallery

. Like a coiled spring ... about to corrode

" The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for "
jarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:53 AM   #10 (permalink)

Ernesto did it. It actually looks pretty good. I'm still not sure it's worth the amount of work to hide 6 inches of wiring...

anyone try to internally wire TT bars?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion