Long distance ride. - Page 4 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #31 (permalink)

An old thread, but I've ridden to Omaha from Santa Cruz twice. I find the bike very comfortable. My first trip I had a Corbin Rumble, EZ brackets & inexpensive Carolina bags, a Saddleman tail bag, Tour Master tank bag, semi homemade floor boards, & a Memphis Shades Big Shot, & throttle master, ($30.00). Second ride back, MS Bat Wing, 6" windscreen, Corbin Dual Tour (with riders hardware removed by Corbin), Corbin Bags (the bomb), & tank bag. Same floor boards. On my first trip I had two 800 mile days. Loong days too! I was beat, but not beat up! 104K miles & still counting.
jimsnorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #32 (permalink)

104k?? any work done on the motor yet?? WOW!!!
BIGDADDY1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #33 (permalink)

im in Albuquerque and have gone to Nashville several times and a few times to north Carolina. there are a few things you can do to make your ride better. do you have a stock seat? if you do i would suggest an airhawk cushion. they are about 120 bucks but you can get em used on ebay. they are amazing. next when you strap your bags to the back do it so you can use them as a back rest. just those two things will make your ride much easier and enjoyable. doing 200 to 300 miles a day is cake. when i go on a trip though i get into a zone and i just go. i ride the entire day knocking out 500 to 800 miles at a time..only stopping for gas and food. the bike however loves to run the highway. just change your oil before you go and your set. oh one other thing. check your tires. not only the pressure but the tread life. the stickier tires that many of us run wear really fast on the highway. so make sure you have enough tread to make the run. i have had to replace a tire on my last two trips because i was an idiot and wasnt paying attention to my tread. enjoy your trip dude..
evilrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #34 (permalink)

No engine work.
I had a fork seal fail last year.
Presently I am working through a charging problem.
I have replaced the regulator & am waiting for a new stator & another regulator (just in case I fried the one I just got). First real problem I have had, & it is turning out to be a doozey.
jimsnorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:14 PM   #35 (permalink)

3,800 last summer.

Spearfish to Portland only 25 miles of Interstate, down the coast to San Francisco, over to Sacramento, back to Spearfish in two days via I-80, 780 the first day, 550 the next.

Stock 03 seat with a GelPad
Batwing
Cobra Mini Boards
Hard Bags
Cruise Control

Carried an extra gallon of gas but never used it on the trip.
BigJohnSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:22 AM   #36 (permalink)
Ama

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnSD View Post
3,800 last summer.

Spearfish to Portland only 25 miles of Interstate, down the coast to San Francisco, over to Sacramento, back to Spearfish in two days via I-80, 780 the first day, 550 the next.

Stock 03 seat with a GelPad
Batwing
Cobra Mini Boards
Hard Bags
Cruise Control

Carried an extra gallon of gas but never used it on the trip.
what kinda cruise control?
Old 12-22-2012, 12:27 AM   #37 (permalink)

I remember when I got the bike, 100 miles was tough. Corbin Rumbleseat, Yami mini floorboards, and Yami mini fairing later, 350 - 400 is cake.

Warrior Brothers World Wide Map

Member #3,925. Woo Hoo!!
californiacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ama View Post
what kinda cruise control?
BrakeAway Cruise Control, really well engineered and well made aluminium piece about $200 and worth every penny.

Only one I've found that is disengaged by the front brake lever!
BigJohnSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion