What did you do to your Warrior Today??? - Page 486 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2017, 11:51 PM   #4851 (permalink)

Is that just bringing in the wheel?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DARK MIDKNIGHT WARRIOR
Check out the DIY MOD LISTfor many free, cheap, easy Mods!! You will be glad you did!
Nightshifter's and Insomniac's Thread New Member FAQ
rcoligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2017, 02:37 AM   #4852 (permalink)

Evil pull the wheel off n walk it in to the shop that should save u some $$

Sent from my Z831 using Tapatalk
Desertboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:12 AM   #4853 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to tomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ama View Post
Does staring at it for a good half an hour because it was raining.count?
yup ...hands up all those that haven't done that..... ?

thought so

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WARRIOR - OIL CHECK VIDEO
tomba is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2017, 03:13 AM   #4854 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to tomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Anderson View Post
Just put down 640 miles in two days. Had to ride out to the city of jag-offs AKA Philadelphia for work. This was my first big ride since I finally got a new battery in her after the winter slumber. I need to adjust the push pull throttle cables she's a little on the laggy side in terms of throttle response but still good to get some hours in on the highway after so many months of neglect. Looking forward to wrenching on her this weekend as well. Need to change out a transmission bearing that's got a small leak.

mr anderson ... i'm jealous now

WARRIOR - OIL CHECK VIDEO
tomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:28 AM   #4855 (permalink)

I spent 20 mins today hitting some surface rust on my exhaust to see if it would clean up.

I now know it isn't as bad as i thought it would be, So I will do a little here and there until its done.

I hope to have a building for the bike soon so I can work on it more often when I am trying to wind down after work.

Shadow Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:53 PM   #4856 (permalink)

cycle gear said they would mount and balance it for $40 if I bring the wheel in. so I'm going to pull it tonight and take it in first thing tomorrow morning. its going to rain all weekend anyway. I also looked at my skull cover to see how much further back I can move it so its as far under the edge of that tank as it can be. it looks to be a 2 to 1 ratio between the front a rear cylinder. the front has a 1 inch spacer and the rear has a 2 inch spacer. I'm going to try to cut them both in half to see if that's far enough. if not I will then cut the remainder in half again. I love having lumpy ride with me. just have to get him in his proper spot. oh! also got my bars done! I haven't powder cpated them yet but they are done.
evilrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:19 PM   #4857 (permalink)

Tore down the bike to deal with broken exhaust stud. Welder friend said no way he could get a bead on it and machine shop closed at 4. What the heck, I was feeling manly after the teardown so I'd give the easyout a shot. $30 for some good cobalt bits, a center punch, and a set of easy-outs. Built a little bracket to hold the head on the bench and away I went. It actually worked!
Just remember to go slow, and use PLENTY of lube.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170421_161950_1492823431331.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	173850   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170421_193551_1492823853127.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	173858   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170421_200118_1492823901953.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	173866   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170421_201157_1492823938247.jpg
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	173874   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170421_202558_1492823960502.jpg
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	173882  

Sandytows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:04 PM   #4858 (permalink)

I found a stock mini fairing in the proper color for $40. I don't very much care for the look but it does keep some of the wind off my chest at speed. Not bad considering new ones cost $240 if you can find them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heavy Arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:11 PM   #4859 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Arms View Post
I found a stock mini fairing in the proper color for $40. I don't very much care for the look but it does keep some of the wind off my chest at speed. Not bad considering new ones cost $240 if you can find them.

I have same fairing, i liked it more after painting the see thru section.

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/memb...ture59385.html

shown here

Shadow Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:13 PM   #4860 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Warrior View Post
I have same fairing, i liked it more after painting the see thru section.

Can you post a picture?

Heavy Arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion