Car Soap - Page 2 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
kja

When I run out of car soap and do not want to make the trip I use dish soap. I also noticed the white residue. Heavy rinsing cured the problem for me. I use a garden hose with no nozzle and run it slowly from top to bottom. I also polish and wax the tins and wheels 2-3 times from April-October.
kja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

Either it's the soap or the sun. Left water spots. I usually wash my vehicles in early morning or sun set. But I'm still going or my ride.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1351963448.098102.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
dinggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #13 (permalink)

Just do it the easy way and buy some good car-wash soap. Gold Class works very well and rinses clean. The bicycle cleaner "Muc-Off" works like magic on the wheels and brakes, no nasty chemicals in it, either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kja View Post
When I run out of car soap and do not want to make the trip I use dish soap. I also noticed the white residue. Heavy rinsing cured the problem for me. I use a garden hose with no nozzle and run it slowly from top to bottom. I also polish and wax the tins and wheels 2-3 times from April-October.
Do mine every two weeks. I like it, sort of meditative, and it's a good way to catch any problems.
Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion