CPH-1120 Handlebars - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default CPH-1120 Handlebars

Just looking for opinions from those who are using this set of bars, comfort?... did you have to extend cables and wiring?

Cruiser Performance 8 inch x 1.50 Dia. Punisher Series Handlebars - Honda Yamaha Suzuki
Link71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

I can't comment on the bars themselves, as I went with a set with a lot less pullback.

What I can do is recommend that you take a look at this thread to decide if you think it is really worth dealing with this guy or not...

Experiences with Sinful Cycle Parts and Cruiser Performance

The Cliff's Notes: Bryan, the owner of Cruiser Performance, lacks the ability to type a single email without making a false statement.

The most likely chain of events will go as follows:

You email Bryan to inquire about the bars you are interested in.

Bryan says the bars are in stock and offers you a good price if you paypal him.

You get excited so you proceed with the paypal payment and await tracking information.

After several days you send an email to inquire about tracking info on the bars you have paid for.

You get no response.

You send another email.

This time Bryan writes back, apologizing. He says that the bars he had in stock had a blemish so he had to make you up a fresh set and he is going to be picking them up from the chromer/powercoater that same day and shipping them out.

You are please at the apparent attention to detail, so you gladly accept what he has told you and continue to wait.

After a couple more days, you inquire via email about tracking information.

Once again, there is no response.

You try the telephone and get the voice mail, so you leave a message.

After between three and seven more emails he tell you the same thing that he told you in his last communication; that he is picking them up that day and they will be going out that afternoon.

This pattern will likely continue for a while after which you may open a paypal claim to "light a fire" under Bryan.

Approximately 6-8 weeks after you placed your original order you will likely receive your bars.

The bars may not look quite as good as the pics on their site, but after waiting this long you're not going to even bother attempting to exchange them, so you will just accept that this is how it is and install them.
Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

What set did you order from them Mother?
Link71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

I went with CPH-1100's, which aren't supposed to fit the warrior. I added a couple of washers under the risers though to give myself the necessary tank clearance.
Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have ones with the same pull and what not but I think mine are 1.25" and they are comfortable. I wired mine internally so I had to extend the wires but the cables were fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
"life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "wow! what a ride!"

I don't know what's gonna happen, man, but I'm gonna get my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames-Jim Morrison
Jbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have the 1120s and love them. They are perfect for me. Im about 5'8 and i sit with a very slight lean foward. I also like the way the bar is curved just like the speedo so i can still see the tach and speedo.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Motorcycle.com Free App
quintarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

Please do not order from CP, racer??? or anybody else. Order only thru Phats or drag specialties, etc. A Major Motorcycle parts supplier. Let them deal with the headache

Brian has a killer product, but, Just deal with the main players.

G

G
Old 11-07-2012, 11:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yep the cp bars are great. Just got the cp1025 in black myself. Cant comment on cable lengths for that particular bar I cant stress enough. Do NOT order directly through cruiserperformance unless you are ok with unanswerred calls and emails and no product in hand for 3 months while he has your money. Order through phatperformanceparts.com. if they are out of stock they will put you on the waiting list and wont charge you untill they actually ship. And I do believe they have a 5% off sale going on now.
idontknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:36 AM   #9 (permalink)

I have them and love them, and had no issues dealing with Brian. Just saying. Mine are black though.

I used stock cables.
bja72774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:34 AM   #10 (permalink)

Phat's won't sell them anymore.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
LeaderDuece is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion