Mustang Seat - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Mustang Seat

I am looking at buying a used mustang seat for a 2002-03 for my 2007 warrior. I've read in the forums that it is easy to modify these seats to fit my bike. Can anyone tell me if part # 75874 is the right model number of seat. I don't want to have it shipped to Nova Scotia and find out it won't fit.
Bondar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I have a 2003 Warrior. My seat is: Mustang 75871 Vintage Tour seat set for '02-'03 Warriors.

The Mustang website doesn't seem to list the solo seat by itself anymore.

Cruiser Customizing Mustang Seats Wide Vintage Solo Seat - Warrior shows 75874 is the rider-seat-only (no backrest) for the 75871 seat set. It might actually not be available anymore, dunno, but its good enough info to indicate that the part number fits 2002-2003 Warriors.
arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

The passenger pillion has #75875 on the bottom. Maybe when they were as a pair they used the 75871 number. Sounds like I should be ok to go with this seat. Thanks Arizona Warrior
Bondar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

I bought that seat for my '09. Super easy mod! The only difference is that the rear bracket is 1/4" narrower than the earlier models. Sorry, you will have to Google that to convert to metric for use over there! So, all you will have to do is shave off 1/8" off each side and it will fit perfect.

Dremel tool will work or, what I did, was drill out the 2 rivets that hold the bracket, then, with it more accessible, cut or grind it nice and clean, touched-up paint, and then used a tap to re-thread the holes on the seat and re-screw right back in.

Probably the easiest mod you will do to the bike and the difference in comfort is night and day!!

Last edited by wadave; 11-24-2012 at 01:27 AM. Reason: x
wadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondar View Post
I am looking at buying a used mustang seat for a 2002-03 for my 2007 warrior. I've read in the forums that it is easy to modify these seats to fit my bike. Can anyone tell me if part # 75874 is the right model number of seat. I don't want to have it shipped to Nova Scotia and find out it won't fit.
Bondar, I have a Mustang seat for sale. It's modified to fit '04-'09.
The bonus is that you live in Nova Scotia so no worries about paying duty and handling charges as I live in Montreal.
PM me if you're still looking for one.
fdesa is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion