white led accent lights - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to hgt518 Send a message via Yahoo to hgt518
Default white led accent lights

I've only been able to find a couple pics with them on warrior, what does everyone think about white lighting on a warrior? I'm thinking about putting a couple led strips on the underside of the tank and rear fender.
hgt518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

I've always thought they look cool, unfortunately the police don't feel the same way. I say go for it just don't ride with them on. I'm sure the laws differ state to state.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Can't understand how extra lighting is illegal on a motorcycle,weather it's accent lighting or driveing lights, If you have a semi truck it can be lite up like a christmas tree,I would tell any Judge that is insane to ticket a well lite bike.
jimduncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

I know in my state any extra lighting emitting from the sides of a vehicle is deemed unlawful (exhibition lighting is what the cops call it i think). They claim it to be a distraction to other drivers,but being completely blinded by somebodies hid lights is legal (go figure that one out) also any lighting colors that are associated with emergency vehicle are illegal.

Last edited by madtom421; 12-25-2012 at 04:55 PM.
madtom421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtom421 View Post
I know in my state any extra lighting emitting from the sides of a vehicle is deemed unlawful (exhibition lighting is what the cops call it i think). They claim it to be a distraction to other drivers,but being completely blinded by somebodies hid lights is legal (go figure that one out) also any lighting colors that are associated with emergency vehicle are illegal.

Ditto for us here in MA. The cops seem to be pretty relaxed about it UNLESS your riding around with red/blue lights, and they flicker or flash. Hard to blame them for not wanting people to "kinda" look like an emergency vehicle.
It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity"

............................................... |_ |_| \/ ^/_ |_ /\ |= |\/| ( (...............................................
Luv2LafMcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

I think it will look cool..especially on your bike and wheels..and lights on a big truck..lol..I had a truck with 180 led lights on it, and a woman still ran into the side of me..can never have enough..and I was ticketed in that truck in ohio for my license plate light being mounted on the wrong side of the plate...
Old 12-26-2012, 09:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

I would think that as long as you stay away from the colors associated with emergency vehicles (here it is red or blue that the cops don't like) and that you are not lit up like a christmas tree you should not have too much of a problem unless you hit a cop who just is simply a jerk or did not get any when he woke up. a few strategically placed LEDS should be cool.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #8 (permalink)

I have white LED strips under tank and back fender. Looks great and never had any problems with cops. Actually got the lights at Walmart for $18/pair. I'll get some pics later if needed. The strips are on frame, under tank, and under rear fender on the verticle sides...
SpaceCoastWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
Ama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCoastWarrior View Post
I have white LED strips under tank and back fender. Looks great and never had any problems with cops. Actually got the lights at Walmart for $18/pair. I'll get some pics later if needed. The strips are on frame, under tank, and under rear fender on the verticle sides...
Lets see them!
Old 12-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to hgt518 Send a message via Yahoo to hgt518

Space, if you could post some pics that would be great, that's pretty much what I'm looking to do. I don't wanna go crazy with lights, just a few under the tank, rear fender and maybe frame
hgt518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion