where to purchase ? - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 03:33 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default where to purchase ?

will be fitting cams this year and finding it hard to find parts ,most stores tend to just do a cam kit , will be getting a custom grind on cams so dont need a cam kit , need ceramic lifters , adjustable pushrods and pull down tubes , who do you suggest ? happy new year !
mintybullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

Patrick racing, they sell everything individually or as a kit, if you want to save a few bucks on valve springs look at orient express racing. Way cheaper than everyone else. I know they have successfully ran them with speedstar cams but not sure on other cams so you might want to give them a call with your cam specs to see if their springs will work

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
"life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "wow! what a ride!"

I don't know what's gonna happen, man, but I'm gonna get my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames-Jim Morrison

Last edited by Jbat; 01-03-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Jbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

For the lifters, try using Melling Part# JB-2011 as your search criteria and also maybe a local parts house can convert that part# to the desired ceramic lifter part#. In case helpful to you, here's a USA seller website with vehicle applications for this beefy lifter: Melling Replacement Hydraulic Lifters JB-2011 - SummitRacing.com (your local prices will be less than this website charges, and the url is only intended to be helpful to you).

The adjustable pushrods and pushrod tubes might still be had from Yamaha accessories although it might require some effort on your part to search, and to keep an eye on the classifieds here as they come up for sale on occasion. Your best bet is to locate a USA Yamaha Dealer with these bits for sale and have them sent-over. Its also possible that members in Germany might have a source within the EU. You might check their continental website and ask around.

You'll probably want stronger valve spring sets also, depending on the cam profile you have in mind. The Speedstar springs will work well. Or see the Service Manual for the dimensions and slant details of the stock valve springs and your local speed shop can probably use that to determine the correct stronger spring, if needed.

Hope this helps, sorry I can't do more for you.
arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbat View Post
Patrick racing, they sell everything individually or as a kit, if you want to save a few bucks on valve springs look at orient express racing. Way cheaper than everyone else. I know they have successfully ran them with speedstar cams but not sure on other cams so you might want to give them a call with your cam specs to see if their springs will work

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
cheers will do
Old 01-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default cam kits

doing a bit of research on availability of cam kits in US ,there are pr kits but i cant find oe cam kits for sale , are they discontinued or am i not looking hard enough , also does any other company do a kit cheers
Old 01-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Discontinued but sometimes still found at dealers and eBay.

Minty I'm gonna have to merge your separate threads on this topic into one, you are spreading things out and making it impossible to know what you need and what you have already had answered so please keep everything together on this.

Last edited by arizonawarrior; 01-06-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawarrior View Post
Discontinued but sometimes still found at dealers and eBay.

Minty I'm gonna have to merge your separate threads on this topic into one, you are spreading things out and making it impossible to know what you need and what you have already had answered so please keep everything together on this.
sorry lad thought i had, im a bit sh!te with technology
Old 01-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

No worries my friend that's why we are here!

You've seen the similar search threads this week by Yodie and Aussiecob? Might help a bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion