need your expertise guys. - Page 2 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2017, 06:46 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior enthusiast View Post
I have no clue what they mean. like the part under the seat and check for... might be translation but Google is my friend I guess..
Regarde sous le siège pour savoir s'il y a un tuner pour ajuster le mélange air/essence. Quand tu changes le système d'échappement, ça change l'équilibre du système et ça prend un contrôleur pour le rétablir.

Tu peux m'envoyer un PM avec les bouts qui ne sont pas clairs, je pourrai te traduire mieux que Google

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Snowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2017, 03:49 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboy View Post
Regarde sous le siège pour savoir s'il y a un tuner pour ajuster le mélange air/essence. Quand tu changes le système d'échappement, ça change l'équilibre du système et ça prend un contrôleur pour le rétablir.

Tu peux m'envoyer un PM avec les bouts qui ne sont pas clairs, je pourrai te traduire mieux que Google
Thanks Snowboy, assuming that you speak english to :-) i understand French cause i do live in the French part of Belgium but writting it isn't my biggest strenght. So check under the seat for a fuel/air mixer got ye. thx for the intel will do.
warrior enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:51 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Raptor View Post
I guess it's an import from the US.
i have no idea Raptor, all i know is that the bike has been his for a few years now, he bought it as a project to mod, now he's selling it with a bit of pain in the heart cause he has more toy's then he can play with.
why would you think its a import btw? what's making you think this if i might ask?

Old 03-21-2017, 03:52 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumblemonkey View Post
Is there a fork rake done??
Fork Rake... ehm better google that to find out what on earth your talking about there Rumblemonkey :-)
Old 03-21-2017, 04:07 AM   #15 (permalink)

Can you guy's give me a estimate on how big you guy's are? I am 6'1" (1.78m) and I wanted to check how big you guy's are and how you are seated on the warrior. do you have any issue's because your around my height? back problems due to seating or something else? For me this is the biggest issue, I have to drive the bike to make sure I am positioned good on it for my back. have a bit of a back issue myself. nothing big big like in I was operated or something, but when I drove my last bike a bmw R1100S I got back pains after about 30min driving. So I want to be up straight on the bike with the back and comfortable enough to drive at least 150km in one go without having to get off.
That's a other thing, someone said it was lowered this bike, how does this add to the comfort of riding? here in Belgium roads are horrible...

Sorry for the many questions btw peeps, just want to get as much info as I can, don't want to buy this one and find out its the wrong bike for me again like I did the last one, my wife would kill me.
Thanks again.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:16 AM   #16 (permalink)

a fork rake pushes the front tire out farther giving it a chopper look.

looking at that bike looks like it is raked and has a 21' front tire.

Shadow Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:21 AM   #17 (permalink)

If it isnt comfortable for you you can always get control extensions that move your stock controls up to 3".

Like these

http://www.pacificcoaststar.com/pcs/...extensions.htm

Old 03-21-2017, 04:36 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Warrior View Post
a fork rake pushes the front tire out farther giving it a chopper look.

looking at that bike looks like it is raked and has a 21' front tire.
aha Thanks a lot Shadow Warrior for explaining the Fork rake issue.
about the comfort with the controls, I think the bars aren't stock anymore, not 100% sure do, pretty sure one of you guy's can spot this better then I can of course.
about the extensions you mention, the explanation speaks of moving the controls forward... is it me that is misreading this as the bars get move even more forward towards the front wheel aka further away from the seat? or
Old 03-21-2017, 04:40 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacruiser View Post
Looks to me like the R1 is 8,500 euros, the Warrior is 10,000 euros. That said, it is definitely lowered, coils relocated so probably has a VBAK of some sort, obviously exhaust and forward controls. Speedstar scoop but probably cosmetic. Hard to tell other than that...
thanks for the info Californiacruiser,
might I ask what on earth a VBAK is and what you mean with the Coils are relocated? sorry warrior noob still, fast learner do so keep teaching me please :-)
Old 03-21-2017, 05:00 AM   #20 (permalink)

a vbak is a intake under the gas tank that removes the air box and then people move coils under the tank. looks like this. It is a performance mod.

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/memb...ture19388.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion