Ethanol vs non ethanol gas - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2017, 07:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs up Ethanol vs non ethanol gas

So I called my local mechanic to do a once over on my newly acquired Warrior before I leave her for the better part of a year,and upon finding out I couldn't get in before I leave he suggested putting non ethanol gas in my Warrior. I did not know these stations still exist but they are out there. Now according to the mechanic the non ethanol is better for smaller engines,but costs a bit more. Seems to me its worth it in the long run to pay more for gas that is better for the engine. I have yet to fill up with non ethanol but i do notice more popping on decel with all stock parts..is it the gas who knows? Up to you if you ride enough maybe its not a big difference but I will update after I try. btw the site to check for non ethanol gas is Pure-gas.org.
206warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2017, 08:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

there is a web site that maps out local non ethanol stations, i would not store it that long wet personally unless some one will be starting and running it weekly
mkayx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

I believe here in canada that the regular grade of gas has ethanol in it but that the super/high test grade is pretty much ethanol free or at least a lot less ethanol. Might be worth the effort to check on your local gas providers and see if it is the same in the US

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
christok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2017, 02:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Usually the places by me have that labeled as "off road" gas and it is usually 91 octane and approx. 35 cents more a gallon. You are going to store her for a year?
Heftysmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:26 AM   #5 (permalink)

Yeah...I live in Alaska and am just visiting in Seattle for a month so it kills me to leave it here but I found it so I'm keeping it! This will help me move back faster like the Warrior is at the end of my side of this tug o war haha I just filled my tank with a whopping 3 gallons and it cost me just over 13 bucks so yeah it's spendy!
206warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > General Discussion