executioner exaust - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2008, 06:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default executioner exaust

I see alot of talk about exaust but I have not seen anything on Mortons Executioner exaust. Has anyone had them or heard anything on them good or bad?? I bought a set but they are on back order, If I get enough feed back intime I might cancel the order.

Thanks,

Pearson
pearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2008, 07:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: executioner exaust

i have a set, and they have been great. the bike sounds awesum and runs well. they pipes also set off the lines of the bike better than any of the other pipes, and when you are married to a graphic artist, this is important; she chose them as the second accessory for the bike, the sissy bar was first. after looking at every single pipe option including customs, the instant she saw the mortons, IT WAS DONE.

make sure that you get the mortons torque cones and buy a set of their gaskets while you are at it. you CAN NOT put the pipes on with out the torque cones THEY ARE NOT OPTIONAL, they are required to center the pipes in the correct place. i had to grind my torque cones down a tiny bit to make the fit well, and i have heard that others have had to do the same thing.

if you do not order the heat shields which i think are now available, plan to either header wrap them or buy new pants every time you ride, single wall pipes GET HOT and burn pants.

my pipes never drag (i hit the pegs first), butmine seem to be cut shorter than some of the others that i have seen.
bugei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

I don't know how they perform, but they sure look good.
gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

They look awesome and I've thought several times about getting them but they aren't cheap by any stretch and I would absolutely have to have the heatshields which adds even more. The thing about the heatshield is I wonder how well it would look, workand last since it doesn't go very far. I was also concerned about the torque cones because they're supposedly mandatory and I've heard torque cones are huge performance robbers on a Warrior. I ended up deciding to go with Samsons earlier this week instead but I'd really love to have some that looked as good as the executioners.

You said yours are on backorder... theres a company called Pacific Coast Star that sells the same exhaust for the Warrior. I think they call them Extremes or something like that. You might check and see if they have any or can get them to you any faster. Same price and everything as I recall. Their website is pacificcoaststar.com I believe.
MarcoPolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

i did run the executioners without cones until i figured out that i needed them. the a$$ dyno did not report a negative difference.

my bike goes pretty good, so grabbing a handful is always FUN.
bugei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Pacific Coast Star is who I purchased them from, Thanks for the info.

Pearson
Old 06-06-2008, 02:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

thanks, yea I purchased the heat shields and will have to see how everything looks, I'm more worried about the blueing that will occur. If they don't look right I think I'll have them sent off and powder coated black. I think they are the best looking pipes out there that's why I was amazed not to see them on alot of bikes on the 4m, started to get worried they were no good. Preciate the 411.

Pearson
Old 06-06-2008, 02:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearson
I think they are the best looking pipes out there that's why I was amazed not to see them on alot of bikes on the 4m

With the Warriors very limited selection of exhaust I would agree with you. They look fantastic but did you notice in that picture on PCS website that the blueing went further then the heatshield extended in the front? If those heatshields went all the way or at least twice as far as they do I would definitely have chosen them even with the higher cost. Post plenty of pics and let us know how it turns out when you get them.
MarcoPolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

I'm actually having a bad experience with Mortons. I order the executioners back on April 30th. and then i was aware of the 3-5 week wait. It's published ontheir webiste. I ordered them long ago so i can have enough time to ship, arrive and install on the bike before the ROT rally in Austin. I spoke with Rebecca from Mortons' 2 weeks ago who said they were not done yet and asked for me to call on Monday 06/02 to see if they arrived from the welder. I called . . .and they were still not back, so she said to call Wednesday. At that time i had asked her if i was still going to received them by 06/13 and she said i should. So i called today and they were finished but needed to be sentto the chromer and wouldn't be back for 3 business days so they won't be shipped out till the day i wanted them for.

No offense to Rebecca, but their customer service sucks!!!!!!!!! I'm actually going to spend over $1100 on pipes, baffles, cones, and PCIII. You think with all that money they can find a way to satisfy my order. They now cannot confirm that they are going to be at my door in time for next weekend and all she can offer to save my business is to help on shipping?! I already paid for shipping! Why should i have to pay more when the pipes were supposed to be here 2 weeks ago!

I've tried to work with them, but after having me pay more for shipping the rest she can say is, "Well you can always cancel your order" REALLY? afterall that, that's all you can do!!!!!

I say save the $700 you were going to spend just on pipes (pipes, cones, baffles, and shipping)and find some other place to do business with.
honduranheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 07:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks for that, I think I will call them monday and see what kind of time line they will give me. If it's going to be a hassel like what your dealing with I'll just order from somewhere else. I already sold my old pipes so now I can't ride till I get them.

Thanks Again

Pearson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion