Rear Turn Signal Removal - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2009, 01:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rear Turn Signal Removal

Anyone know of any problems with simply removing the rear turn signals (leaving the front ones on). I don't want to get into an electrical issue, and am not sure if just removing them will do anything. Thanks in advance.
arpfoley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2009, 01:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Rear Turn Signal Removal

problems?

picaflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

I believe the only trouble, and it is not really trouble, will be the blink rate will be faster. Maybe someone that knows for sure will chime in.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Arizona doesn't require turn signals. Hand signals are ok.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

I replaced my rear turn signals with some cheap ($12) LED lights I bought from Cycle Gear. The blink rate became irratic, but it wasn't bad enough to worry about.....it even brought more attention to the signal by other drivers - I think. I then replaced them again with another set of cheap rear signals from the same store. Now the blink rate is back to stock. Go figure! The one I currently have on that blink like stock are small arrow heads ($15) with white lens and about 12 led bulbs inside.. can't remember the manufacturer's name though. Try some cheap ones and if you don't like the results, switch back or try another set.
Skimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Are lighted front and rearsignalsstill needed in AZ after sunset, andhand signals are legal during the day? I forget

"28-922. Lighted lamps required

At any time from sunset to sunrise and at any other time when there is not sufficient light to render clearly discernible persons and vehicles on the highway at a distance of five hundred feet ahead, a vehicle on a highway in this state shall display lighted lamps and illuminating devices as required by this article for different classes of vehicles, subject to exceptions for parked vehicles as provided in this article. "

It might have changed, but IMO lighted signals are a great idea, I keep 'em even tho I usually also hand-signal especially when leadinga group. Why not go to an integrated rear brake light with turn signals, the best of both worlds? Up front, use some wrap-around clear LED's that illuminate amber, they look cool and disappear when not in use.
arizonawarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Sorry, the info above came from:

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/Arizona...s.asp?Title=28
arizonawarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

Arizona Warrior,

I am pretty sure that refers to having license plate light and brake light but not required turn signal lights. I say this because MVD has info on what is required to make dirt bikes legal and there is no mention of turn signals. Horn, license plate visible at night, brake light, and rear view mirror only. But I like the idea of integrated tail light - gonna do a search on this. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion