Measuring pullback of handlebars - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2010, 05:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Measuring pullback of handlebars

Has anyone of you guys have any intelligent input on how to measure the pullback of handlebars?

Is it from the mounting place on the triple trees to top part of the handlebars (A to B in the pic below) or from the mounting place on the triple trees to the end of the handlebars (A to C in the pic below)

I'm about to purchase a new set of Double T Fatbars and want to make sure I get the right one. The bars I'm considering is a Highway Hawk V-Bar Exteme (Rise: 8.25", Pullback: 5.9" and Width: 40"), to replace the Star Yami Tall Billet Risers with Star Yami Flat Bars and I don't want to lose any riding comfort.

For comparison:

The configuration was (according to the info I found online): Rise: 6" x Pullback:10" x Width: 23"

The configuration will be (according to the info I found online): Rise: 8" x Pullback: 5.9" x Width: 40"

Any thoughts on how that would change my riding position and comfort?
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2010, 06:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Measuring pullback of handlebars

It is from A to C. Centerline of the risers to the end of the bars

My life is based on a true story.

Everything looks a bit better and your problems don't seem quite so bad from the saddle of a bike! - Jack Conrad

oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

Cheers, OldMan!

Any thoughts on how it would change my riding position and comfort, with more rise and less pullback?

The configuration was (according to the info I found online): Rise: 6" x Pullback:10" x Width: 23"
The configuration will be (according to the info I found online): Rise: 8" x Pullback: 5.9" x Width: 40"
Old 02-23-2010, 06:13 AM   #4 (permalink)

According to the measurements the new bars would put your arms wider, taller, and farther away than what you currently have.
Galaxiedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:20 AM   #5 (permalink)

Is there a relation between the rise and the pullback of the handlebars? I mean.... If the barshave more rise compared to the old ones, that it compensates for the less pullback? So, that my riding position wouldn't change that much?
Old 02-23-2010, 08:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchWarrior

Is there a relation between the rise and the pullback of the handlebars? I mean.... If the barshave more rise compared to the old ones, that it compensates for the less pullback? So, that my riding position wouldn't change that much?

Yes, but not much. My explanation of pull back wasn't quite correct/clear. Try this one....put a straight edge from the end of one bar to the other, red line in pic below. Measure pullback from the center of the risers to the center of the straight edge, blue line.

My life is based on a true story.

Everything looks a bit better and your problems don't seem quite so bad from the saddle of a bike! - Jack Conrad

oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:18 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks a lot, OldMan!

This little pic says more than words to me, now I finally understand.

The only thing I need to figure out now is how my riding position will be. At least I know how to measure it.
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion