Factory exhaust decibel level? - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2010, 11:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Factory exhaust decibel level?

So we have new exhaust laws in maine. Does anyone know the decibel level of their factory exhaust at 20 feet. Our modified exhaust has to be same as factory. Funny thing is that i have never seen a warrior with the factory exhaust. Mine came off the showroom floor with vance and hines big shots. I have rip saws on it now. If i have to put that factory exhaust on my bike it will be up for sale!
tapeworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2010, 11:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Factory exhaust decibel level?

We're trying to fight the same laws up here. It's already spred to a few cities in my province. But the $h!tty thing is that it's only for motorcycles. City buses, cars, trucks and any other vehicles don't apply to this new bylaw. It's vehicular racism if you ask me. Our restrictions are 92 decibles at idle right at exhaust and 96 decibles two feet away at 2000 rpm.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:05 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laflamj

We're trying to fight the same laws up here. It's already spred to a few cities in my province. But the $h!tty thing is that it's only for motorcycles. City buses, cars, trucks and any other vehicles don't apply to this new bylaw. It's vehicular racism if you ask me. Our restrictions are 92 decibles at idle right at exhaust and 96 decibles two feet away at 2000 rpm.
Edmonton just passed that bylaw a week or two ago...I think it has to be 85db at idle there....I know if it happens here, there'll be a lot of "uproar" over it!
SuicideD_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

Red deer just passed it too and calgary is next i've heard. The cops motorcycles don't even pass the decible requirements. They are all running 103 kits on their hardleys
Old 06-22-2010, 01:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

You guys need to move to South Dakota especially since you know the cold.......
New_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:36 AM   #6 (permalink)

Sorry to hear that. My bike came from Yamaha (not a dealer) with factory Bub Chambermaids on it. I worked for Yamaha MFG and they installed the pipes at a factory (lobby show bike) and sold it to me on the MSO, it never went thru a dealer in the transaction. Only thing is that now I have speedstar pipe on it and my wife swears its louder than the shortys.
allsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:40 AM   #7 (permalink)

Can someone with their factory exhaust installed pull their decibel meter out from under their bed amd test it for me???
tapeworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion