Where do them dagnabbed hoses go? - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2011, 03:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Where do them dagnabbed hoses go?

So I've been doing my BAK and AIS - you've probably noticed my questions posted about it. Now I've got pretty much everything hooked back up and scratched my head a bunch of times but I'm about there. It's a pain doing things a few days apart and trying to remember where you left off.

So anyway, along the left side of the bike (the AIS side for clarity) there are two hoses that go up to the neck. In my rush to get started I didn't mark them. I'm not sure where they go now

I looked in the service manual and I'm pretty sure they are the air filter breather hose and air filter drain hose.

So now that the breather box is gone do I need them anymore? I'm about to go finish cleaning and buttoning everything back up except the tank so it's not pressing right now - I just want to make sure I don't do somehting dumb(er) at this point. I'm still worried it won't start or run right, I haven't dug into her this deep so I'm nervous about what I messed up lol.

Thank God for this site and all the experience and knowledge shared here.
rgp502002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2011, 03:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sounds like the breather and overflow hoses for the gas tank.
skybejef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybejef View Post
Sounds like the breather and overflow hoses for the gas tank.
yea, thats what it sounds like too. Take a pic and post it up, circle the hoses too for clarity
Old 02-19-2011, 07:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Never mind - I feel like a total dip now... actually LOOKED at the tank and the hoses and figured out where they went. Without looking under the tank it didn't make sense but BOY once you look it's pretty easy to figure out.

Haha what was it Bugs Bunny used to say "What a maroon"?
rgp502002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion