about to give up - Page 8 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #71 (permalink)

Default ok

flying dutchman yes i am american ,,no i dont give up easy i have been fighting this a looong time and i bought a harley,, when i come home from overseas i wanna ride not fight with a bike,, and too all yes i am giving up and its for sale ,,rode it yesterday it was doing great then started acting up again ,,,ok now i am done i was gona swap parts with a buddy but they all sold there warriors,one went through a divorce and the other totaled his out before i get parts off they picked it up
cajunwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #72 (permalink)

Hang in there Cajunwarrior. It is much harder to get this done over the Internet than in person. If you have a trailer, a case of beer and some cooked crayfish, maybe you can trailer to a member kind of close to you in Louisiana, Ole Mis, Georgia, Kentucky, or Tennessee.
mr_noize2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPII View Post
Where do you live at cajunwarrior. I am in Covington if you need any help with anything. I am offshore right now but will be in next week.
Looks like REPII offered to help, and he is nearby, right?

Warrior Brothers World Wide Map

Member #3,925. Woo Hoo!!
californiacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #74 (permalink)

I think I read the PC3 has been removed and I think it was installed with one of those crimp pieces of crap. If that is true, look at your wire that it was crimped to.

If that crimp piece of crap is not used properly it all but cuts your wire in half. Once removed (and even while installed) it can give intermittent problems. Especially once the crimp piece of crap is removed....

Almost sounds like that to me.....did I mention those crimp things are pieces of crap?....lmao

Service Manual can be found here (thanks Robriquez) www.rswarriordocs.com

Proper way to check oil level https://www.starmotorcycles.com/star...2&mid=60&tid=8
scawein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #75 (permalink)

i messeged REPII to see if he can help ,,where is this part yall keep talking about with the bad crimp,,maybe i have been over looking it,,you have to admit these bikes have alot of crambed parts and wires
Old 11-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #76 (permalink)

This type of crimp came with the PCIII when I got it.

I think it was blue but the same thing. The way it installs on the TPS wire is where I have seen problems. These crimps are called IDC (Insulation Displacement Crimp) It has a narrow slit that the wire goes into. When closed it cuts through the insulation and gives a connection. Installed properly, they are good in a pinch.

You mentioned you removed your PCIII, do you remember yours having this style of crimp on the TPS wire? If you do, look back to that wire and you will see the insulation is cut through and the wire can bend freely at that point. Since there are only a few strands making up the wire, if the crimp was not installed correctly, it oftens cuts a few of the strands too. Often leads to intermittent problems.

Worse, is once removed, the insulation no longer is congruent and the wire is able to flop. Few flops, intermittent performance arrives as some of the strands (if not all) have been severed.

This might not be your problem at all but well worth checking. If you removed the PCIII and one of these crimps, I would suggest cutting the wire completely and soldering it back together to be sure it's right. Cover it with shrinktubing and then you know this is not a problem now or in the future.

I am happy to try to keep you from bailing on the bike. I want you to enjoy it, cause it's a hoot, a real stump puller and handles very nicely.

Service Manual can be found here (thanks Robriquez) www.rswarriordocs.com

Proper way to check oil level https://www.starmotorcycles.com/star...2&mid=60&tid=8
scawein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:40 PM   #77 (permalink)

I am gonna double check in the morning but i dont remember seeing those on my bike ,,i dont believe in those crappy crimp connections they fall off and do not give a proper connection,,,i think its something stupid and simple with this bike ,and i admit this was fun to ride ,handled great i had a blast when it was running correctly,,plenty of power and great handling ,,just honestly this bike with only 11 300 miles shouldnt have this much trouble,,guess also bringing it to mechanics who dick you over , really doesnt help ,,i can fix things mechanically NOT electrically
Old 11-12-2012, 09:55 PM   #78 (permalink)

I have circled the crimp on T-Tap connector in question. These connectors are notorious sources of bad connections! the connector needs to be removed from the TPS wire, I would then repair the TPS wire with solder and heat shrink, or quality tape such as super88.
warpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #79 (permalink)

ok i will check it in the morning,,,i appreciate all the info,,its sad those bike shops didnt chatch this
Old 11-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #80 (permalink)

RSWARRIOR.COM is the best dam forum on the web!!!

Last edited by mattbowdeen; 11-12-2012 at 10:38 PM.
mattbowdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion