My pinion shaft is dead! - Page 2 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #11 (permalink)

Mike I will check when I get home but I am sure thats where I purchased th fender and fuel pump from

Davr

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 11-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #12 (permalink)

The fun thing is that I got no post it on the coming failure. . No sign, nothing. . kicked off from home, no problemo, 2-3 gear, back to 2, up to 3, 3 to 4, just less than a mile, then:

nothing. .

no 4th gear. . .clutch, up to 4, zero, biiiggg HRRRRROARRRRRCLONKCLONK, , , me, totally baffled, big traffic around me, said whatda. . .clutch, down to 3, nothing, 2, nothing, neutral. .ok. . .so here we go again, 1st, , ,zero,, , 2nd. .HRRRRRR. ..****! first time, used to call my bike a Caterpillar. .3rd. . nothing. . .****. . .rolled over like a bicycle to the kerb. .stopped, and looked for my celphone. . .at least I was only one mile away from home. . and the service man came with his van in 20 minutes.

I hate this stuff, called Kevlar belts. )))))
AK_Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #13 (permalink)

and all I wanted was one of the latest rides before the **** winter. . .was happy that my battery didn't died completely.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Got your PM, unfortunately I am not able to help you by buying your parts for you. IMO you need to grab the eBay middle drive assembly if you think its your best choice. They will ship to you in Romania. Be well bro.
arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:38 PM   #15 (permalink)

As I expected:

Prices at Yamaha Romania official dealer:

Pinion = 181 Euros + VAT (24%)

Pinion shaft = 219 Euros + VAT

EU prices, not Romanian.

Ahhh, , ,one foot peg (assembly) is only 198 Euros. . of course, plus VAT.

Anyway, I'll look for custom foot pegs because this is so wrong. ( A foot peg more expensive than the pinion)>
Old 11-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #16 (permalink)

Well, Mike (ArizonaWarrior) first offered to help me (didn't ask him anything) that he can buy the parts for me, and ship them to me, since the Yama dealer he knows doesn't ship to Romania, then, strangely, he backed off and told me he cannot help me anymore (since he didn't see what's my damage). I told him that I can pay in advance, through Paypal. .After a few days he changed his mind, and turned me down.

Probably he's been tipped by fellow riders that Romania is a country of thieves, somewhere in Europe. .. close to Estonia.

Thanks Mike, for all the help.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:01 AM   #17 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Well, actually . . . that is a misunderstanding. I did not offer to 'buy' your parts. I offered that if you order your drive belt from an Amazon seller who has a great price and have it shipped to me, and if you order your parts from YSP I would be happy to help solve your emergency by picking the parts up at YSP and mailing them and the belt to you the same day, and all I asked was to be reimbursed for the actual cost of mailing and I offered to email you a copy of the post office receipt.

When you further began asking me to research and select your parts for you, and then to pay for them and the mailing, I sent you a PM explaining this because I realized the misunderstanding. You seemed to insist that I buy your parts so I had no choice but to back off. But I didn't disappear, I sent you a PM straight-up.

I'm glad my other help with disassembled view drawings and item numbers and part numbers and suggested minimum parts was helpful. Because I am not there to see the bike I can't suggest further parts and I explained both sides of that equation so you could decide for yourself. But sometimes no good deed goes unpunished.

Last edited by arizonawarrior; 11-08-2012 at 02:11 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:23 AM   #18 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Keeping this separate. Nobody tipped me to anything and candidly I'm offended by the comment.
Making things even worse imo, I was last in Tallinn just a few years ago and enjoyed every moment.
As with all my travels I met some extraordinary people living in difficult conditions who have hearts
of gold and sharp wits and proved themselves able to spin a large yarn over a tavern table with the
best of them. There's a few pics in this forum someplace. As you might know, Tallinn is in Estonia.

I've been fortunate to know a large number of good people around the world, many I have met and
others I have not met yet but look forward to it. I consider most of these people to be my friends
and I think most of them feel the same about me.

There are no countries I would claim were populated by thieves or any such thing. Least of all
Romania or Estonia. Your comment is stereotypical nonsense and it is opposite of my personal
experiences and it isn't who I am and it is offensive to me.

Here's a pic I took in Old Tallinn, a bit of a tourist area. When a member in Estonia later needed
an exhaust system I did some 1-minute photoshop work as a joke to show him where he
could find one in his area, it was pretty funny at the time.

There's an entire thread around here someplace with a few pics of other visited locations. It was fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Raptor View Post

Probably he's been tipped by fellow riders that Romania is a country of thieves, somewhere in Europe. .. close to Estonia.

Thanks Mike, for all the help.

Last edited by arizonawarrior; 11-08-2012 at 02:46 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #19 (permalink)

man, you are a LOT more diplomatic than i am. plus, i thought australia was populated by thieves and the like. originally. papillon?
iowawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion