solid vshydraulic lifters - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default solid vshydraulic lifters

Trying to figure the most cost effective way to get into the 12s. Currently have speed* cams and looking at going big bore. Definlatly going to do the collapsible tubes and ajustable rods. With the coating from the factory on the cams anybody know if they would work with the pr solid lifters?
skybejef is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

just guessing PR would be the best one to answer this...

Warrior Brothers World Wide Map

Member #3,925. Woo Hoo!!
californiacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Platinum Sponsor

NOS or turbo put either one on in a day and never open the motor. make more power over any other performance upgrade or mod and they are both horse power adjustable, btk572
btk572 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Platinum Sponsor

oh yeah, solid or hydraulic lifters? neither one will make a noticable power difference over the other since you are using the same lift cams with both types of lifters. btk572
btk572 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

i thought these bikes ran in the 12's from the factory. seem like i read that in a comparison article years ago.
i thought these bikes ran in the 12's from the factory. seem like i read that in a comparison article years ago.
right here. after reading this, you can't imagine why anyone would buy a warrior. sounds very mediocre. doesn't seem that way though.
http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/roa...t/viewall.html

Last edited by iowawarrior; 11-03-2012 at 07:38 AM.
iowawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

12.3 at 103 from factory..According to Yamaha. My best is 12.58 at 102.6. Stock w/propipe(no baffle), no big airkit. I suspect You will be in the 11s with what you plan on getting.
mattbowdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowawarrior View Post
right here. after reading this, you can't imagine why anyone would buy a warrior. sounds very mediocre. doesn't seem that way though.
Hod-Rod Hearts: Musclebike Motorcycle Shootout - Motorcycle Cruiser Magazine
Have we all been drinking too much Kool-Aid? This is my third Warrior. I went from a H-D to my first Warrior in '06. Sold it, got a C14 and then
stortly afterwards missed the big bore torque monster feel. Kept the C14 and got a very used '02 Warrior for a week. Went to the Dealer for repairs, pipes etc and seen an '08 with zero miles on sale for a very good price. Traded the '02 on the spot. All that being said, I keep coming back
to the Warrior. IMO it is the most affordable bang for your buck motorcycle out there. The Warrior is easy to work on and has the perfect platform for
modification. My C14 is just plain crazy fast compared to the Warrior... on the other hand the Warrior is beautiful, brings smiles for miles! With minor intake and exhaust mods the Warrior comes alive and is no slouch in the haul butt dept., besides it handles great. The article found fault. I don't understand that.
pimpdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:11 AM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to 68ramair

If you like working on your bike, get the solid lifters. They have to be adjusted more often. The hydraulic lifers have the benefit of being...well...hydraulic. Hydraulic can also fail where solids won't.

Race vehicles use solid. You don't have to worry about failures associated with hydraulics and they're always tearing into the engine anyway, so constant adjusting is nothing to them.

Check out and join the Warrior world map.
Contact randy_ny to add yourself to the map. Not me.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...9f2e66c8dcf24b
68ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpdaddy View Post
Have we all been drinking too much Kool-Aid? This is my third Warrior. I went from a H-D to my first Warrior in '06. Sold it, got a C14 and then
stortly afterwards missed the big bore torque monster feel. Kept the C14 and got a very used '02 Warrior for a week. Went to the Dealer for repairs, pipes etc and seen an '08 with zero miles on sale for a very good price. Traded the '02 on the spot. All that being said, I keep coming back
to the Warrior. IMO it is the most affordable bang for your buck motorcycle out there. The Warrior is easy to work on and has the perfect platform for
modification. My C14 is just plain crazy fast compared to the Warrior... on the other hand the Warrior is beautiful, brings smiles for miles! With minor intake and exhaust mods the Warrior comes alive and is no slouch in the haul butt dept., besides it handles great. The article found fault. I don't understand that.
Probably, but that midnight KoolAid sure tastes great. The article left out the fun factor. I have not ridden the others comparison bikes, but I own a VTX along with the Warrior and will attest to the heaviness, but also to the all day riding comfort. I still love the warrior, and find myself riding it more frequently than my other two bikes. What does THAT mean?
Old 11-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

Have had terriable luck with the after market lifters since I swapped out cams. Have had one lock up fully extended and think I may have another one bad one now. I will just check with PR guys before deciding on the swap. Thanks for feedback
skybejef is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion