Hard to starting agen - Page 6 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 09:41 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeda View Post
You are a great sport Joey- just a bunch of guys (and girls) hanging out and breaking balls.

It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity"

............................................... |_ |_| \/ ^/_ |_ /\ |= |\/| ( (...............................................
Luv2LafMcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #52 (permalink)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONPY...e_gdata_player

Ok I have the vid up
Old 11-20-2012, 09:55 AM   #53 (permalink)

It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity"

............................................... |_ |_| \/ ^/_ |_ /\ |= |\/| ( (...............................................
Old 11-20-2012, 10:06 AM   #54 (permalink)

ok... hearing you Joey, was N O T what i expected!!

Hearing you present yourself in full, proper, understandable, enunciated English...WOW!

It surprises me like hearing James Earl Jones's voice come out of Larry the Cable Guy!!

Joey, your no longer allowed to type your posts...record on youtube whatever it is you have to say, and post the vid...

Im with Mike: your just being lazy and not paying attention or making an effort, which makes it hard on US to read and understand you... Your a "Senior Member" now Joey...

Old 11-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #55 (permalink)

Almost sounds like a fuel issue. Like you do not have enough fuel going to the injectors at start up. Might try spraying starting fluid in the throttle bodies at start up to see if it starts faster. If it does that will give you a starting point to look for your problems maybe.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #56 (permalink)

also seems as if your idle is a bit low. does it stay at 750? bump it up about 150rpms. some people run theirs at about 1000 but mine throws a code if i run it that high. 900 is my max
Old 11-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #57 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to yamaweezle

I'm still saying LCV...Cold start, idle does not increase after starting, popped/dies when you gave it throttle. It sounded like starting a cold engine w/ no choke. The smoke coming out the pipes is just carbon smoke, which is no big deal. Just indicates that the fuel mix is a tad rich when it's cold. Black smoke = carbon/fuel, blue smoke = oil burning, white smoke = coolant burning (which you will never need to be concerned with). I'm sure others will chime in, and I patiently await the second vid.

Horn Relocate Right Brake Tidy
yamaweezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:49 AM   #58 (permalink)

WOW- I'd definitely try starting it with some throttle... seems like an lcv issue.
06 Midnight
Steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #59 (permalink)

1) LCV isn't working, or on a cold start it would be idling much faster, and then slow down after it warms up.

2) Idle is TOO low. We've posted this one before as a possible issue with your bike. It needs to be around 950. I know it sounds cooler when it's idling slow, but the OIL isn't circulating at idle, and this can cause huge problems later. As well as the problem you have right now, which is not starting. INCREASE THE IDLE.

3) After you run the bike for at least 10 minutes, set the idle to 950.

Then let the bike cool off, and try starting it by giving a slight twist of the throttle when you push the starter button. It should fire right up.

If it starts like that, you really don't have to replace the LCV, just know that you have to give it a little gas, and hold it for a few seconds until it starts to warm up.
LeaderDuece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #60 (permalink)

Did this problem start happening after you installed your bak and coil plate? If so then i would think you might have pinched one of the hoses to your lcv.
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion