sensor questions - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default sensor questions

alright, ive got my warrior engine almost all wired up on its stand, now i find out im missing 2 sensors, atmospheric pressure sensor and intake air temp.
anyone know where i can get these CHEAP?? also, is the atmoshperic pressure sensor the same part as the 2 intake pressure sensors?? i looked on ebay and all i could find was a "maf" sensor. im new to the EFI. key me in.
mitchell tannahill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 09:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Yes the APS has no hose on it but is otherwise the same as IAPS1 and IAPS2, both of which have hoses to their correct intake plus wires to their correct port (don't mix 'em up): 5JW-82380-00-00 (fits all three spots). For wiring and hose explanation see the Documentation Forum's Table of Contents.

Intake Air Temp 'Thermosensor' is 5PX-85790-00-00. I'd hesitate to buy Thermosensor used because if the sensor is over-tightened when installed it becomes damaged and its hard to know by looking at it.

Check: For your Yamaha Parts, Yamaha Accessories and Yamaha Apparel to verify part numbers for your model year in case differs, and for best known prices.

Last edited by arizonawarrior; 12-03-2012 at 09:55 PM.
arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

If you're planning on converting to carbs save your money for your rebuild ... the Warrior motor will run w/o these sensors on the current F/I system
alanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion