Belt chirp at low rpm. - Page 2 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 10:20 PM   #11 (permalink)

Hmm, my mistake! I stand corrected!, thanks for that reminder....I will be sure to hit the service manual as I am reassembling my 260 kit over the next month or so.....

thanks Arizona!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawarrior View Post
Gary, Re-visit the SERVICE MANUAL for the exact steps: start from the TIGHTEST spot not the loose slack spot. If you start from the loose slack spot your belt will chirp.

Here's something that wasn't known in the 'early days' so its a seemingly rare example of something to double-check if you read an older thread: these belts on new bikes were installed by the local delivering dealer not by the factory. It was and sorta still is stereotypical of us to say they are ALL delivered loose. Some delivering dealers actually did read Page 14 of the assembly manual and actually followed the steps. Some did not. Dealers and shops are more tuned-in today but still we all need to read every step because we cannot trust that any individual dealer or shop will set-up our belt correctly even after a tire change.
gchalifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion