Core Lines - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 06:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Core Lines

Hi All!
Looking to replace my line with SS ones. Has anyone heard of the brand Core? Good? Bad? Here's a link. I found them on Ebay.
Yamaha RoadStar Warrior 02 09 Stainless Steel Braided Custom Rear Brake Line Kit | eBay

Thanks!
MMFB
MMFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 10:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I have not seen anyone here buy these. I wonder if they also make cables to match.
arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

I G searched Core Moto Lines and got some feedback. This one is a little scary.

CoreMoto stainless steel brake lines? : Yamaha R1 Forum

See Reply #14
Old 01-09-2013, 02:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

IMO buying those would be like buying a new $30 helmet to wear on your head.

Stick with the well known branded parts ......
BiggG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Made in USA why wouldn't they be good? stainless banjo instead of aluminum I've heard thats better IDK.
60ftgap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I took a couple minutes and read the entire thread and it turns out the person claiming the troubles was very likely a nut job. If I were to buy lines today and wanted color I would seriously consider Core even tho this is the first I remember hearing anything about them.

One big reason is the way the owner-operator of Core handled the attack in and after Post #20 and also other members of that forum who stood by Core. All of those people's comments have the ring of truth while that member who went on a rampage did not have the ring of truth. The one unfortunate thing is the member who said he would post after installing his Core lines reported on-receipt and inspection but not after installation. But others over there did. Anyway I'm glad the URL got posted and I'm glad I read all four pages for a better idea of who Core is.

Added: if anyone is a member of that forum maybe you could ask lobsterhound about Core lines, his profile page is http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/member.php?u=122385 it would be cool to know the outcome.

Last edited by arizonawarrior; 01-09-2013 at 06:27 PM.
arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawarrior View Post
I took a couple minutes and read the entire thread and it turns out the person claiming the troubles was very likely a nut job. If I were to buy lines today and wanted color I would seriously consider Core even tho this is the first I remember hearing anything about them.

One big reason is the way the owner-operator of Core handled the attack in and after Post #20 and also other members of that forum who stood by Core. All of those people's comments have the ring of truth while that member who went on a rampage did not have the ring of truth. The one unfortunate thing is the member who said he would post after installing his Core lines reported on-receipt and inspection but not after installation. But others over there did. Anyway I'm glad the URL got posted and I'm glad I read all four pages for a better idea of who Core is.

Added: if anyone is a member of that forum maybe you could ask lobsterhound about Core lines, his profile page is http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/member.php?u=122385 it would be cool to know the outcome.
I'm a member over there so I shot him a PM, will be interesting to see what he has to say now.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
"life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "wow! what a ride!"

I don't know what's gonna happen, man, but I'm gonna get my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames-Jim Morrison
Jbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion