Bub exhaust or Vance and Hines Big Shots? - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2017, 02:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bub exhaust or Vance and Hines Big Shots?

I'm not familiar with Bub (Bdi) exhaust at all. I have not heard or see anything about them, until i bought this warrior. A few things. I assume the bike has been lowered. This exhaust scrapes to me, rather easily. The bike sounds great when revving or anytime on the throttle. However, at idle it's rather quiet. Can barely hear it. It has also has some color distortion near the top of the pipes. So i'd like to replace them as soon as possible and give the bike a little bit of a cleaner look. So two questions. I've heard the Big Shots will not generally scrape? And will the Big Shots be louder overall than the Bub exhaust?
Thanks for any insight.

Pic for reference
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170214_151658.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	331.0 KB
ID:	168305  
Shawking1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2017, 08:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'll let other talk about clearance, but if you do want bigshots, I have a set that came on my bike I've been thinking about selling. In almost new shape.

-Bill
Klrbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

I have the big shots and like them a lot. Mine is lowered and I don't scrape them, my pegs will scrap but not the pipes.

Loudness is based on baffles. There are two that V&H offer, not sure of the bubs but I think they use the monster baffle.
https://www.google.com/search?q=mons...w=1920&bih=941

Service Manual can be found here (thanks Robriquez)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proper way to check oil level
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
scawein is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2017, 09:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

I had Big Shots on my 04. Even with it lowered the foot pegs scraped long before the pipes would have. I can't compare them to the Bubs, sound wise, but they were pretty loud. Much louder than my Speedstar gen2 with Thunder Monster baffles.

05 Speedstar Stage IV

Brizzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 12:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default Pacific coast star exhaust

I just installed a PCS 2-1 exhaust, black. I don't know how it sounds yet, I have the tank and fenders off, getting painted. Anyone here have this on their bike? My old pipe is a V&H 2-1, as soon as I can hear the new one, I'll probably sell the V&H.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PCS 2-1 black pipe.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	218.0 KB
ID:	168385   Click image for larger version

Name:	V&H 2-1 chrome pipe.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	168393  
Gil-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 12:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-71 View Post
I just installed a PCS 2-1 exhaust, black. I don't know how it sounds yet, I have the tank and fenders off, getting painted. Anyone here have this on their bike? My old pipe is a V&H 2-1, as soon as I can hear the new one, I'll probably sell the V&H.
love the look of the PCS's would be curious to know if the tip will scrape. I have Bub Jug huggers and they scrape.

jimduncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 01:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

That's a mean looking pipe. Curious as to how that sounds as well.
Heftysmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 01:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

Mean looking exhaust ...

Sent from my Z831 using Tapatalk
Desertboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 02:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizzman View Post
I had Big Shots on my 04. Even with it lowered the foot pegs scraped long before the pipes would have. I can't compare them to the Bubs, sound wise, but they were pretty loud. Much louder than my Speedstar gen2 with Thunder Monster baffles.
Good to know. Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klrbill View Post
I'll let other talk about clearance, but if you do want bigshots, I have a set that came on my bike I've been thinking about selling. In almost new shape.

-Bill

Hmm. Very tempting. How much would you be asking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-71 View Post
Looks great!
Shawking1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 04:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

The big shots will be easier to find! The PCS pipe I think the coating will start to flake off.

DARK MIDKNIGHT WARRIOR
Check out the DIY MOD LISTfor many free, cheap, easy Mods!! You will be glad you did!
Nightshifter's and Insomniac's Thread New Member FAQ
rcoligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Technical Discussion