nude pulley kit - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2003, 06:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default nude pulley kit

hey guys

just finished my homemade nude pulley kit

what i did was remove the backplate (behind the pulley it holds the motor trans and frame together)
i traced the backplate onto a 3"" aluminum block (4140) and milled it out drilled the holes i needed and bolted it in where the backplate was
i purchased the barrons nude pulley cover (smooth) to match the yamaha billet pieces the finished product is very cool i think im going to remove the whole belt guard to complete the look. as soon as my buddy with the digital camera stops by ill post the picks.oh ya i probly dropped 10lbs of the bike too

200MM
200MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2003, 03:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: nude pulley kit

I love how so many of you can just whip out a 3" aluminum brick and make something with it by milling it out and drilling holes. I have no mechanical talent nor any ability to create something like that. I think that is so cool and certainly wish I can learn that sort of thing in the future....at least I should learn to weld. You make it all sound so simple.

Can't wait to see the pics...good job!
bomber_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 08:18 AM   #3 (permalink)

Anything beyond a hammer is beyond me. Couldn't agree more Bomber. I am always impressed with these guys who come up with these ideas, and then grab a slab of aluminum and away they go..

Very impressive.
BartenderSammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 11:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

this is what the baron's nude pulley for the regular roadstar is like,I was very disapointed in their nude pulley for the warrior especially after all the hype,I had expected a similar product.I would definately be interested in this type of truley nude pulley.
tx2whlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 12:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Hey Bomber Man and BartenderSammy, as somebody said in the movies " you can dooo iiit"!

This is a warning: If you start doin' this stuff, you'll get addicted! (Kind of like owning the Warrior).

Hey, I wear a suit and tie (my "uniform") to work. But one thing I always wanted to learn was welding. Well, I decided to start investigating a couple years ago and - whadayaknow - I bought an acetelyne torch setup. I'm still just a "mangler of metal" but I've got an air compressor, drill press, wire-feed welder, etc., etc., etc.

It never ends!! It's gotten so bad, my wife makes me PROMISE not to buy any more shop equipment when I go off to the store.
Spear Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 04:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

Bomber and Bartender, I am with you guys. I am looking for someone to do everything for me (except removing the strap from the seat, I will attempt that!!)

I took out and replaced the rear end of a '74 vette once. Before taking it for it's first ride after I completed the re-install, the wife looked at me and asked "what are those nuts and bolt's for?". I said "I duno!!!" Hence, I will not be taking the Warrior apart and having extra parts lying around. That would definitely be on my mind at 110 mph. Ya think?
rayjay12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 04:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ray - it's not a matter of being beyond my reach..just beyond my safety level. I completely restored a '72 Vette and a '74 MGB - but they had 4 wheels and very little "oh ****" factor. With a bike...forget to tighten one bolt, and you wheel takes a left while you are going right. And I haven't seen anyone riding one of these on one wheel yet.

TX2WHLR - I'm crushed. I just put on the Baron's nude pulley kit and LOVE it. I found it to be of very solid make-up and fit very well. I have gotten more looks at that than anything else. At red lights and running down the road, I can actually see people just staring at that chrome flamed insert. I haven't seen the homemade kits yet - but would love to see them.
BartenderSammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 09:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Can't wait to see the pics, i bet if looks great!
BigDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 11:08 AM   #9 (permalink)

BartenderSammy;I didn't mean to offend anyone with the Baron's nude pulley kit,I've even considered it myself.It's just that I got my hopes up when I heard they were coming out with one for the warrior after seeing one of their kits installed on a regular roadstar in person(very trick looking,the whole pulley is exposed).
tx2whlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Installed Warrior Modifications and accessories