RS Warrior Forum banner

Slightly different front turn signal mounts

6K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  insaneduane 
#1 · (Edited)
Made these turn signal brackets.
I had the triangular style brackets, but didn't really like the way the mounting parts of the turn signals could be seen.
The idea behind these brackets is that the inner part of the signal sits slightly below the lower tree. The wires run under the tree and up into the bottom of the headlight shell instead of on top of the tree - so are out of sight too.
They are made from 3mm aluminium, with short spacers inserted into the lower tree pinch bolt holes that lift the brackets 3mm from the tree.
Apologies for the first poor quality phone photograph.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Jarv, very neat job.
What changes did you make to the electrical system on the bike's signal system?
Are the European bike electrical system different from the US?
I have looked at fitting LED's as the standard signals have to go but I have read that the change to LED's can cause problems.

#10 ·
Made these turn signal brackets.
I had the triangular style brackets, but didn't really like the way the mounting parts of the turn signals could be seen.
The idea behind these brackets is that the inner part of the signal sits slightly below the lower tree. The wires run under the tree and up into the bottom of the headlight shell instead of on top of the tree - so are out of sight too.
Good idea Jarv, you kept that mod quiet :D looks neat with the bolt and wiring mostly hidden. Black washers, that's what's missing..Lol. :p

#12 ·
OY! They are not "prototypes!
They are hand crafted "one off's".
The Aluminuim weight saving, combined with the aerodynamic properties of the high performance PJ1 black paint give these brackets a technical advantage over the more common stainless steel ones.
PLUS they have the attention to detail, monetary value and desireablilty of a Faberge egg!

err... probably!
:D

#15 ·
Jarv, my bike is a 2008 model. I got it second hand from Exeter last year.
The bike has an LED tail/stop light and conventional lamp for the number plate.
The first mod is to remove the large number plate holder and indicator lamps. I was thinking of an LED for the number plate as they are smaller.

The first owner fitted Vance & Hines Big Shots and a Kuryakyn Wild Things Fuel Injection Controller. I am told the bike shop inported it directly from the USA.

I also like the mod you did with the rear brake master cylinder it look good. Did it take long to fit?

#16 ·
Do you mean the reservoir - or the inline brake switch?

If you change the numberplate bulb to LED, you WILL experience the COD! (click of death).
The simplest way to correct that problem is to do what I and many have done before and fit a small low wattage bulb under the seat - or in the headlight shell.
It must be connected to the blue live feed for the lights.
If not - your decompressor solenoid will go nuts when you stop the engine with the kill switch.
It's a small problem - easily solved.
Send me a PM if you need any other details - I will try to help! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.