Tsukayu Patrol Hard Bags - Page 2 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #11 (permalink)

Capttmb, are you sure you paid $45 for the paint because if you did, you got the deal of a life time. Tsukaya quoted me $350 for one part color match and $450 for a two part color match. This price is on top of the discounted price of the Patrol bags of $548 (which come in primer).

Quote:
Originally Posted by capttwb View Post
For 45.00 more Tsukaya will paint them gloss black. The gloss black matches the gloss black Memphis Shades BatWing fairing perfectly. Unfortunately I've never seen a Midnight Warrior physically. So could not really say.
fdesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2012, 09:18 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdesa View Post
Capttmb, are you sure you paid $45 for the paint because if you did, you got the deal of a life time. Tsukaya quoted me $350 for one part color match and $450 for a two part color match. This price is on top of the discounted price of the Patrol bags of $548 (which come in primer).
Yes, 45 dollars more for gloss black, but as you say, much higher for a color match. I paid 593.00 total for the bags painted gloss black. I guess they have plenty of gloss black paint. Since I plan on keeping the Batwing fairing gloss black I thought the gloss black bags would go well on the bike.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:27 AM   #13 (permalink)

All you need is a low and mean lower chin in black and it should all contrast nicely.
WickedWild is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWild View Post
All you need is a low and mean lower chin in black and it should all contrast nicely.
Yeah, I never thought about that. That sounds like a good idea. Who makes the low and mean chin fairing, Christok? You wouldn't happen to have a pic of one would you, Wicked?
Old 10-27-2012, 12:34 PM   #15 (permalink)

http://www.lowandmean.com/index.php?...mart&Itemid=60

I think Christok makes one also.
WickedWild is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #16 (permalink)

Got it, thanks. Black gloss is all I need for a Midnight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capttwb View Post
Yes, 45 dollars more for gloss black, but as you say, much higher for a color match. I paid 593.00 total for the bags painted gloss black. I guess they have plenty of gloss black paint. Since I plan on keeping the Batwing fairing gloss black I thought the gloss black bags would go well on the bike.
fdesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdesa View Post
I like them too. I recently contacted Tsukaya to inquiry about those very same bags and they said: "We are sorry that our hardbags doesn't fit with 2008 Yamaha Roadstar Warrior"

I could see now that they do fit. How was the installation process ? I guess the rear stock turn signals need to be removed (I'd like to keep them on) ?
you could get the bags and mount turn signals on the bags. there are lots of options for turn signals if you go that route
briang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Installed Warrior Modifications and accessories