Tsukayu Patrol Hard Bags - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2012, 06:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Tsukayu Patrol Hard Bags

I put the Tsukayu hard bags on the other day. I used 16 large fender washers the size of a silver dollar with rubber washers the same size in between, there is little to no vibration. The exhaust side does not vibrate at all, while the belt side vibrates very slight. They are nice bags, I recommend Tsukayu bags.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blue Ridge Parkway Pics 020.jpg (389.1 KB, 190 views)
File Type: jpg Blue Ridge Parkway Pics 025.jpg (402.9 KB, 174 views)
File Type: jpg Blue Ridge Parkway Pics 021.jpg (432.6 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg Blue Ridge Parkway Pics 023.jpg (436.3 KB, 159 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2012, 08:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

Looks good, which model and are they detachable?
WickedWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:27 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWild View Post
Looks good, which model and are they detachable?
They are Tsukaya's "Patrol" hard bags. They can be easily mounted on easy brackets. However Tsukaya provided really heavy duty mounting brackets, so I went with those.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Ama

Like them!
Old 10-26-2012, 06:57 AM   #5 (permalink)

I like them too. I recently contacted Tsukaya to inquiry about those very same bags and they said: "We are sorry that our hardbags doesn't fit with 2008 Yamaha Roadstar Warrior"

I could see now that they do fit. How was the installation process ? I guess the rear stock turn signals need to be removed (I'd like to keep them on) ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capttwb View Post
They are Tsukaya's "Patrol" hard bags. They can be easily mounted on easy brackets. However Tsukaya provided really heavy duty mounting brackets, so I went with those.
fdesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdesa View Post
I like them too. I recently contacted Tsukaya to inquiry about those very same bags and they said: "We are sorry that our hardbags doesn't fit with 2008 Yamaha Roadstar Warrior"

I could see now that they do fit. How was the installation process ? I guess the rear stock turn signals need to be removed (I'd like to keep them on) ?
Yes I had heard from a fellow forum member that Tsukaya told him the same thing. I figured it was because the Warriors stock exhaust was rather high. So knowing I did not have the stock exhaust I figured they would fit. I just ordered them and told them they were for a 2008 Warrior without the stock exhaust and how much room I had from the pipe to the top of the fender. They will fit without removing the stock turn signals, BUT in my opinion they were to far forward. I used a lower profile turn signal and was able to mount them an inch or so back. It made a big difference. Mounting is not difficult, you just have to make sure they are where you want them before you drill the holes for the mounting brackets. Then make sure both bags are drilled exactly the same. Tsukaya provides mounting instructions. I used much larger fender washers than they supplied, and I put large rubber washers contacting the bags under the steel washers to help with the vibration. The mounting brackets Tsukaya supplies are very substantial. You will like these bags. They mount very secure and are pretty roomy.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Did you buy them painted black, or did you paint them? I'm curious how well their black matches the black on a Midnight.
WickedWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWild View Post
Did you buy them painted black, or did you paint them? I'm curious how well their black matches the black on a Midnight.
For 45.00 more Tsukaya will paint them gloss black. The gloss black matches the gloss black Memphis Shades BatWing fairing perfectly. Unfortunately I've never seen a Midnight Warrior physically. So could not really say.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

If you didn't have the long pipes. . . could you mount the bags any lower?

Thanks,

Bob
MRMAXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMAXXX View Post
If you didn't have the long pipes. . . could you mount the bags any lower?

Thanks,

Bob
Sure, Tsukaya recommends 1" above your pipe. I went a little more because I liked how it blended with the fender. I would say the brackets would allow you to go about 3" maybe 4" lower than what you see on my Warrior.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Installed Warrior Modifications and accessories