Rear Fender Mod - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rear Fender Mod

I have been wanting to modify the inner rear fender and move the license plate up directly underneath the taillight. I looked around but didn't see any mods that kept the stock turn signals.

So on a whim last night, I decided to go at it. It was really pretty easy. I removed the whole inner fender and removed the light for the license plate. I used a Dremel with a plastic cutting blade to chop off the fender just below the blinkers. Then, I cut the housing for the taillight so it was flush with the rest of the fender, thus leaving a rectangular hole where the light used to be.

Drilled a few holes for the plate and voilą. Cheap, looks decent, and I got to keep my stock signals.

I ordered a set of Custom Dynamics Tag Bolts to illuminate my plate. Will wire them with the stock wires for the original light. Just thought I'd share.ImageUploadedByMO Free1352588795.871191.jpgImageUploadedByMO Free1352588807.233172.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
stevenmamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

I went all the way, but it was done within a week of me getting the bike.

Nice mod and still have the turn signals.....I am sure it is one of the first of a long list of things you will do...this bike likes being 'attended to'...

Service Manual can be found here (thanks Robriquez) www.rswarriordocs.com

Proper way to check oil level https://www.starmotorcycles.com/star...2&mid=60&tid=8
scawein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

It was one of my first mods. Looks good! I recently went to an integrated tail light and side mount plate. Having trouble with the Clear Alternative tail light (bought before reading the sound advice of the brotherhood), but overall I am very happy with the mod.

I still dig the look of yours, which keeps the original signals, though. I forgot how big the stock setup was, as depicted in your before pic! No wonder most of us chopped that thing - after the water heater that is!

Happy modding!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

MEMBER MAP
Big Daddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

Man I forgot how awful that thing looked. That was my first mod on my bike. Nice job!
idontknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Mine didnt make it the 5 miles from dealer to work before getting modded similarly. finally built a side mount and custom dynamics light.
mayhemossf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Nice work! This was my first DIY Mod also. If you haven't yet, check out the DIY Mod List for many others.

My Pics ..... DIY Mods List ..... Popular Mods ..... KyleNV wide tire kits and more
wyomingwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

That looks great! And simple too. I think I'll get that done this week. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Installed Warrior Modifications and accessories