First time able to race this season, 2016 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2016, 10:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default First time able to race this season, 2016

Due to my accident, I missed the first two race weekends. Glad to be able to get back out there! Second season racing, second time I got second place. Very happy with that. And this season, cash instead of trophies.

https://youtu.be/Ro9FholEMDU

BTW, I'm replacing my Contour Roam that I've used for years. The camera system used in this video is a newly installed Innovv K1 dual channel "dash cam". Dual channel meaning that there are two cameras, one facing front, one to the rear. Just like a car dash cam, it records as soon as I turn the bike on and when the SD card gets full, it starts overwriting old files. A "install it and forget it" system. No more having to recharge the battery every other day. No more deleting files to make room on the SD card. I'm working on putting together a video of the install and review.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Only a Biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dfhowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2016, 01:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Very cool! Looks like fun.

It's so simple to be smart. Just think of something stupid to say, and then don't say it. - Anonymous

Member #3,925. Woo Hoo!!
californiacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 04:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

Nice camera. Congrats!

DARK MIDKNIGHT WARRIOR
Check out the DIY MOD LISTfor many free, cheap, easy Mods!! You will be glad you did!
Nightshifter's and Insomniac's Thread New Member FAQ
rcoligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-17-2016, 02:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

what were your times that day?
Warrior110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 07:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior110 View Post
what were your times that day?
First Time Trial
Reaction time = 0.3711
60 ft. ====== 1.9877
ET ======== 13.2563 @ 99.62 MPH

Second Time Trial
Reaction time = 0.2205
60 ft. ====== 1.9189
ET ======== 13.2270 @ 98.94 MPH
Quarter Final
Reaction time = -.0934
60 ft. ====== 2.0062
ET ======== 13.4251 @ 97.34 MPH
Yes, I red lighted but opponent's bike broke on one of his earlier passes, so this was a buy for me.
Semi Final
Reaction time = 0.2164
60 ft. ====== 1.9290
ET ======== 13.1694 @ 100.00 MPH
Opponent red lighted. Lucky me because I broke out by .0106
Final
Reaction time = 0.0666 (my best so far)
60 ft. ====== 1.9660
ET ======== 13.2489 @ 94.24 MPH
Performance mods:
Ivan's ECU flash
Power Commander V using Ivan's map provided with flash

Churchkey's VBAK
V&H Big Shots
31 Tooth Pulley
Barnet Spring Conversion kit
I have not yet played with the tire air pressure, so I'm running at normal street pressure on an Avon Storm 3D X-M.

Last edited by dfhowes; 06-19-2016 at 09:15 PM.
Old 08-03-2016, 01:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

I saw the video of the bike coming from under you because of the muddy road at night. How were you able to finally get the bike to start?
Warriorfrom818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 02:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warriorfrom818 View Post
I saw the video of the bike coming from under you because of the muddy road at night. How were you able to finally get the bike to start?
It took me a second to figure out what you were talking about. Then it was, "Oh, he means "The Bike Drop" video". The Warrior has a built in safety feature where if you drop the bike, like I did, you can't start it until you shut the system off. I didn't know it at the time, but when I came out the next morning at the end of the shift, it started right up no problem.

Old 08-03-2016, 04:13 PM   #8 (permalink)

BTW, last weekend July 31, 2016, I lost a race because I went too fast! I had dialed in a 13.02 in the pits, and then my class (Pro Bike) was called up. While in the staging lanes I thought about it for a second and changed my time to 13.01. Then I had a second thought and changed it back to 13.02. Should have left it! I went 4.5 milliseconds too fast!
https://youtu.be/yPuz5acYMP0

Old 08-04-2016, 12:38 AM   #9 (permalink)

At least you didn't go slower.

DARK MIDKNIGHT WARRIOR
Check out the DIY MOD LISTfor many free, cheap, easy Mods!! You will be glad you did!
Nightshifter's and Insomniac's Thread New Member FAQ
rcoligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 09:17 AM   #10 (permalink)

best way to lose is by breaking out.

Have any pictures of the cameras mounted? It would be cool to have something like that if they aren't too big and get in the way
C3L1CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Warrior Racing