I need a new battery - Page 2 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 01:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Excellent! What's the actual battery specs (like CCA and etc)? By chance do you have pics and maybe the actual battery dimensions? Those bits of info can be helpful over time.
arizonawarrior is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 12:20 PM   #12 (permalink)

patriotins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:23 PM   #13 (permalink)

Big Crank ETX14 Battery - Free Shipping: BatteryMart.com
patriotins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #14 (permalink)

Default ETX14 Battery

I've done some researching on this battery. It seems it is offered under several different names, Big Crank, Deka, Intimidator, Power Crank, etc. Several autoparts stores also have this battery, Napa, Autozone, Advanced Auto Parts, Car Quest...all with their badging on them. They all come up as ETX14, so I don't think the supplier changes their part number based on the vendor. Rumor has it that they also supply batteries for (dare I say) Harley-Davidson and the Braille batteries. I bought mine here:

Deka ETX14 AGM Maintenance Free Battery - Free Shipping! - Deka ETX Batteries

They have a promo code SAVE5 right now that knocks this down to about $68 with free shipping.

I'm going to give it a shot, good specs, cheap price...and seemingly a good reputation. I'm assuming it will need all the basic box/cable mods as discussed on almost every other battery post.

Only word of caution on the auto store versions, I saw this at Autozone as a Duralast Gold...it was made in Mexico. I would make sure you get the Made in USA versions.
Chacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Forums > General Bike Talk