Warrior Play.... - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Warrior Play....

So, I have had a few messages about my progress with getting her back in shape after the accident. It is slow going because I get so busy and keep wanting to ride rather than buckle down in the garage every weekend and get her done

I am making progress though. Baby steps, I am learning as I go and showing my daughter in the process. (And I now understand the frustration with people leaning on things in the garage...grrr...it's not just girls who do it guys).

I really have fallen in love with the Forum and all the diversity, perfect technical advice, humor, support, ideas, and new lovely friends. A special thank you to Tomba, ArizonaWarrior, and WyomingWarrior for so much help, kindness and ideas!

Now, old skool mood music to help this seem more exciting... MINISTRY - N.W.O. - YouTube

Advice/thoughts are always wanted & welcome.

So far:

- Rather than replace the lollipops, my daughter and I installed the Integrated Tailight from Custom Dynamics (how bright and beautiful it is) every ride I've gone on since, other riders comment on how brilliant it is. Perfect. (This & changing the oil (made a huge mess) popped my Warrior wrenching cherry. And I liked it)

- Next I took off the forward controls (the left side was a bit...bent..) Figuring out the linkage was interesting. I asked my Dad for an assist and he scratched my side cover with a wrench before he touched the linkage so I gently told him nevermind. I figured it out. Now my brake is so firm! It was so mushy before. I do want to figure out if I can change the position of the shifting lever when I replace it though.. it is up way too high. And what a crazy difference just a few inches make...I feel very different on her now.

- Finally got my new tank and how ridiculously excited I was to unpack her...like a fat kid on easter. Very easy on the eyes and fingers. So last night my great friend Todd and I went through the given instructions, removed the dented one & installed the new tank. She looks fantastic.

- I also purchased an LED kit & LED Plate holder from CD. We installed those as well. And I must say, I love the subtle ruby red. Very gentle and classy. (But what a huge pain in the a** to install!!) No more LED pods for this girl. We also put Loctite and two new bolts in the taillight assembly that had vibrated off. And cut off the useless plastic from it to make a cleaner look. Then we took off the lower front cowl and repainted her a matt, rubbery black since the forward controls scratched the heck out of it.

- CP Punisher bars & Avon grips installed!
Next:

- Pegs shipping!
- Mirrors shipping!
- Researching belts
- I thought it was the Crankcase cover... but I think it is just the Air Cleaner cover? http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...201/parts.html (Number 4)
- Exhaust?!! Hmm...
- Seat gel & foamed
- And to figure out what to do with the Cobra Fi2000.

More soon! Thanks again !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0002x2edit.jpg (266.0 KB, 238 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0242.jpg (87.2 KB, 174 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0257.jpg (215.2 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0521.jpg (204.4 KB, 203 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0523.jpg (204.4 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0558.jpg (102.4 KB, 185 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0561.jpg (152.1 KB, 257 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0510.jpg (119.1 KB, 161 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0509.jpg (44.8 KB, 145 views)

Last edited by Sherriism; 09-27-2012 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Bloody spelling...
Sherriism is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Very cool. It's truly your bike once you get your blood on it Happens to me every time I try to wrench on it, I swear lol
Stellmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

Nice work so far!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherriism View Post
And what a crazy difference just a few inches make...
That's what she said

I am still a brother and helpful!! Warrior Brothers World Map
07midnight57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07midnight57 View Post
Nice work so far!!

That's what she said
HAHAHAAHAH! That she did...

And thanks!
Old 08-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellmon View Post
Very cool. It's truly your bike once you get your blood on it Happens to me every time I try to wrench on it, I swear lol
Agreed, I feel really good about her when I am done...and me a little too. And I'm glad my daugther is interested in learning as well.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Since you are in Denver, I wanted to pass on that we have a pretty good seat shop in town called Bitchn Stitchn. You need to take the bike in with the seat and they will measure and chat with you about the feel you want, then you can pick out what custom stuff you want on the cover. I've not gotten mine done yet, but have heard many good things and plan to do it soon.

The guy I talked with is the guy who does the work, Daniel. They are in Lakewood, and you need to call ahead for an appointment. Try 303 238-5404
Old 08-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

In my opinion the belt of choice has to be the S&S carbon chord X3N, S&S/Gates: X3N Carbon Cord Drive Belt

As for grips, I recently fitted Avon, air cushion grips and have found them really good, option of black or black chrome.

Nick
Warrior_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Ive got Kuryaken ISO grips on two of my bikes, and love them. I got the black ones for the Warrior. I think there's a photo in my profile page.

Having said that, there's always something better out there, and I've never tried the Avon grips.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoban View Post
Since you are in Denver, I wanted to pass on that we have a pretty good seat shop in town called Bitchn Stitchn. You need to take the bike in with the seat and they will measure and chat with you about the feel you want, then you can pick out what custom stuff you want on the cover. I've not gotten mine done yet, but have heard many good things and plan to do it soon.

The guy I talked with is the guy who does the work, Daniel. They are in Lakewood, and you need to call ahead for an appointment. Try 303 238-5404
Sounds fantastic! Thank you! I will call tomorrow.
Wait, you are in Co?! Ride?
Old 08-22-2012, 05:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

How badly dented is your old tank? I have some idea's about enlarging a stock tank but I need one to cut up and experiment on ( I'll probaly destroy it and give up) If your looking to sell it cheap let me know.
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Forums > General Bike Talk