RS Warrior Forum banner

Helmet lock

7K views 40 replies 11 participants last post by  whajac 
#1 ·
I am looking for the piece that the helmet hooks on under the seat, so when the seat is placed back on the helmet is locked in. Does anyone know where I can find one?
D

#3 ·
I am looking for the piece that the helmet hooks on under the seat, so when the seat is placed back on the helmet is locked in. Does anyone know where I can find one?

D
I checked Pinwall Vulcan, Goldwing items in PinWall Cycle Parts Inc store on eBay! and they don't show one. Its not a separately available part. Check with 8pack Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums - View Profile: 8pack and see if he has one laying around.
.. here you go ... anyone that has removed their rear fender or fender stays knows this part :)
  • 22 HANGER, HELMET - 5PX-21398-00-00 1 $5.58 $4.74

#4 ·
That's awesome Alan, I went through a bunch of schematics looking for that Warrior part for my Raider and just couldn't find it. The Raider has a 15" cable that you have to loop through the helmet then loop one or both ends on a hook under the seat. A big PITA. I want to try and mod that part on to the Raider. Thanks.

#15 ·
I missed it earlier today when I looked at the disassembled view on-line, so I know exactly how you feel. Its shown as Item #22 in the disassembled view drawing in Post #3. Its installed under the rider seat behind the (Item #15) fender stay bolt (Item #17). Whew.

#17 ·
I'm thinking just about any hook (like a cup hanger from a hardware store) would work, just mount to the frame under the seat near the top.

#20 ·
Does anyone use an aftermarket one? My seat is a PITA to re-lock after hooking a helmet strap through there.

I have bar end mirrors, so the Kuryakyn ones are no good,

Any other ideas?

#21 ·
#25 ·
I was in the same spot mentally, it took months before I drilled the two little holes. I must have layed-it-out a dozen times and tested half-a-dozen backing plates to be sure the metal fender wouldn't be damaged over time. I even did a layout in tape to be sure it looked level and 'stock' before deciding on where to mount it. I dragged my feet. And every time I'd go on the road a couple weeks the helmet was always a hassle. I'm glad I did this mod. No matter which seat I have on the bike, and no matter how much luggage I pile-up, I can stop at a restaurant and lock my helmet. My Kuryakyn luggage has combination-locks with extendable cables. I don't worry going into a restaurant for lunch!

#31 ·
I don't know about other members, but I had a problem when fitting a mustang Solo seat to my 06'- it just wont lock when i have a helmet on the lock.... granted i haven't spent any time addressing the issue, so it just might be shaving down the rubber posts a bit.

#27 ·
I just made my own out of a scrap piece from taking stuff off my bike. It has a hook end and I just bent it and put it under my left bolt instead of the right one. That way the pipes don't heat up my helmet. If I remember I'll post a pictures in the morning when I get home. \m/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.