2013 Honda Goldwing - Page 5 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #41 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to robriguez

The more I see of it the more I like it. I should have a couple hundred a month freed up in a couple years and this has just Sky Rocketed to the top of my wish list.
robriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 01:43 PM   #42 (permalink)

I think the blacked out version looks cool in the pics. I just can't get over how huge those things are. 842 lb curb weight is massive.
Snowgoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #43 (permalink)

Not what I am looking for in a GoldWing. I predict this sells about as well as the Ruin.

Giant bike with no windshield. "Hey, want A giant bike with no windscreen and no top case?" Fail IMO
Old 11-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #44 (permalink)

I dig it as well. As far as not having a top case... If my girlfriend needs more than 1.5 saddlebags for her stuff, she can find another way to get there. I took the warrior for 2 weeks with a duffel bag and a pair of cheap (and very small) throwover saddlebags (since I still have the stock exhaust). That fit a tent and camping gear, an extra helmet, a few tools and emergency items in addition to a work week's worth of clothes plus sundries. I would feel spoiled with as much room as this would have.

I'm pretty sure I saw them list a taller windscreen replacement and removable backrest, and there's probably a luggage rack you can get for it.

Also, I would totally own a Valkyrie Rune... if I could afford it. I dig the styling on that as well, but even now they're going for as much as this is going to cost.
Gypped is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypped View Post
I dig it as well. As far as not having a top case... If my girlfriend needs more than 1.5 saddlebags for her stuff, she can find another way to get there. I took the warrior for 2 weeks with a duffel bag and a pair of cheap (and very small) throwover saddlebags (since I still have the stock exhaust). That fit a tent and camping gear, an extra helmet, a few tools and emergency items in addition to a work week's worth of clothes plus sundries. I would feel spoiled with as much room as this would have.

I'm pretty sure I saw them list a taller windscreen replacement and removable backrest, and there's probably a luggage rack you can get for it.

Also, I would totally own a Valkyrie Rune... if I could afford it. I dig the styling on that as well, but even now they're going for as much as this is going to cost.
You would have to find a used one. There are probably a grand total of 100 of them out there.. Good luck.. LOL
Old 11-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #46 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to robriguez

One of the guys that frequents the local bike/car shows bring his Rune out from time to time. Its got that Fugly but awesome look to it. Class of its own.
robriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #47 (permalink)

There is indeed a tallew windscreen, but no top case available.

Warrior Brothers World Wide Map

Member #3,925. Woo Hoo!!
californiacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:52 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowgoon View Post
I think the blacked out version looks cool in the pics. I just can't get over how huge those things are. 842 lb curb weight is massive.
The weight in my opinion is the only downside of the GoldWing. It really doesn't handle that bad, but because of all that weight things scrape really easy. The 1800 feels like a 250cc once you are moving above 15 MPH. It's much better handling than the old 1500.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #49 (permalink)

Last goldwing I rode was an 06.....smooth ride and extremely comfortable but they are just to heavy for my taste. If I was going on a long road trip though definitly something I would want to be riding. But for daily driving (which is what I do with mine mostly) no thank you. I do have a soft spot for that all blacked out one though.
idontknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:58 PM   #50 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to akitadog

Now that I like!
akitadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Forums > General Bike Talk