Bar End Weights - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bar End Weights

I recently bought some Kuryakyn Bar end weights from a member of another forum. Thought I'd pass on what I think of them.

I love them. I like how they add a little beef to the end of the bars. I like seeing the bars extend pass my grips.

But what really surprised me is that they actually work. The idea is that bar weights will reduce vibration. I don't really have a problem with vibration. My hands don't get numb, my mirrors aren't vibrating wildly, it's just the usual vibration you get from a big bike. But after I put them on, I definitely noticed that my bars vibrated less. Mirrors were even smoother, bike felt smoother, I was pleasantly surprised by the whole thing.

I have added a couple of pictures, and here's a link you can get them in either black or chrome. I didn't shop around, so they may be cheaper elsewhere:

Kuryakyn Bar End Weights for Motorcycles

BTW, in the picture in the add, you see the hex-heads of the screws that hold it on. When you actually install them, the screws are countersuck very deep where you can't see them. I also have a throttle boss, and they come with different length screws so you can still use that if you have one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-10-03_17-40-57_369.jpg (232.1 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-10-03_17-41-13_681.jpg (242.2 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-10-03_17-41-21_931.jpg (210.0 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-10-03_17-41-32_619.jpg (197.9 KB, 68 views)
LeaderDuece is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2012, 11:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

This review is totally opposite of other reviews I have read and heard. Now I am thinking about it again, but one good review does not sway me to purchase a set when I have heard multiple bad ones...

I hate contradictions....

I am still a brother and helpful!! Warrior Brothers World Map
07midnight57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm curious -I haven't seen a review on these here on the Warrior forum. What were they saying?

You always resell them if you don't like them...

If they didn't remove any vibration, but just looked sexy, would that be enough for you?
Old 10-08-2012, 12:28 AM   #4 (permalink)

A very cheap alternative, 8-10 ounce lead fishing sinkers. Torpedo type trolling sinkers, that fit snug in the end of the bar. They work just as well.

Last edited by capttwb; 10-08-2012 at 12:39 AM.
capttwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:54 AM   #5 (permalink)

I went a step further and got the throttle assist ones. They look about the same but the one is a very easy to use throttle lock. I love them.
yellowbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:54 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaderDuece View Post
I'm curious -I haven't seen a review on these here on the Warrior forum. What were they saying?

If they didn't remove any vibration, but just looked sexy, would that be enough for you?
There was one a while ago here, then I started looking at other sites and read reviews. If they didn't make people satisfied with Honda's and Kawasaki's then in no way would I be happy with them. Been thinking of a method to get something in there since. Stock bar end weights do not fit in the bars then I kind of gave up and dealt with the beast.

No, it wouldn't. I am a function over form person. If it doesn't do anything positive it doesn't go on my bike.

Last edited by 07midnight57; 10-08-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:06 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaderDuece View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07midnight57 View Post
There was one a while ago here, then I started looking at other sites and read reviews. If they didn't make people satisfied with Honda's and Kawasaki's then in no way would I be happy with them. Been thinking of a method to get something in there since. Stock bar end weights do not fit in the bars then I kind of gave up and dealt with the beast.

No, it wouldn't. I am a function over form person. If it doesn't do anything positive it doesn't go on my bike.
The weights in the stock bars seem effective. I know on 300 mile trips , my wife would want to trade bikes because she found mine more comfortable. Mine has stock bars and hers the Yamaha TT's. I was surprised when she said that my bike was "smoother" . Mine has Stage IV kit with more punch from the cams etc. We realised it was mostly the bars.

I wonder if placement is a key. On the stock bars the vibration gets to the weights before the grips. If that matters, having extra weight out there at the ends might shake them more ....
bruce59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:19 AM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to BoKnuklz

I've got stock bars...how easy is installation?
BoKnuklz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoKnuklz View Post
I've got stock bars...
Then you don't need them...

Old 10-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #10 (permalink)

These are some good points. Sounds like you should get internal weights 57. As far as how easy- if you have Kuryakyn grips then they just replace the end caps. So a matter of a minute or so.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Forums > Product Reviews