Bitchn Stitchn Inc. seats - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bitchn Stitchn Inc. seats

Just wanted to give a thumbs up to Dan Ballard and his guys at Bitchn Stitchn Inc.. They took my stock '08 seat and made it as low as possible, sculpted it to shape me, added a gel pad and hand made the skin for $420. They'll work with you to reshape your seat and reuse your skin while you wait for $170. The gel pad runs another $100 or so.

They're often booked 6 weeks out during the busy season, but it was well worth the wait. It's one of the coolest shops I've seen with lots of historic Harley stuff. I know that PCS has a good solution for lowering stock seats, but I had already mangled mine trying to do it myself before I found out about them, so I didn't think I'd be able to send it in.

Having the right ergonomics has added a lot of satisfaction with the bike, and has taken more time and $ to figure out than expected. Now my hands are finally level with my elbows and my back is pretty straight. No kink in the neck, which is huge. Medium risers and Warrior Bend bars also made this possible. The Clearview XL shield doesn't quite reach nose height as I had hoped, but I'm realizing that is impossible on this bike unless you're less than 5'9.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0531.jpg (377.8 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0532.jpg (122.9 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0533.jpg (321.8 KB, 115 views)
SuperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Thats a great looking seat!
Old 11-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Just wanted to give a thumbs up to Dan Ballard and his guys at Bitchn Stitchn Inc.. They took my stock '08 seat and made it as low as possible, sculpted it to shape me, added a gel pad and hand made the skin for $420. They'll work with you to reshape your seat and reuse your skin while you wait for $170. The gel pad runs another $100 or so.

They're often booked 6 weeks out during the busy season, but it was well worth the wait. It's one of the coolest shops I've seen with lots of historic Harley stuff. I know that PCS has a good solution for lowering stock seats, but I had already mangled mine trying to do it myself before I found out about them, so I didn't think I'd be able to send it in.

Having the right ergonomics has added a lot of satisfaction with the bike, and has taken more time and $ to figure out than expected. Now my hands are finally level with my elbows and my back is pretty straight. No kink in the neck, which is huge. Medium risers and Warrior Bend bars also made this possible. The Clearview XL shield doesn't quite reach nose height as I had hoped, but I'm realizing that is impossible on this bike unless you're less than 5'9.
thats a good looking seat, its amazing what a custom seat does, i had mine done by pirate upholestery, i finished it in a nice soft leather,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG957630.jpg (80.4 KB, 78 views)
Old 11-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to jarv

Very nice looking seat - they sound like a good company to work with.
Cool name too!

jarv's gallery

. Like a coiled spring ... about to corrode

" The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for "
jarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch rc View Post
thats a good looking seat, its amazing what a custom seat does, i had mine done by pirate upholestery, i finished it in a nice soft leather,
I remember coming across your seat - now that is low profile! Very cool. Is it a stock pan?
Old 11-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
I remember coming across your seat - now that is low profile! Very cool. Is it a stock pan?
yes sir, it is the stock pan, i thought about the gel insert but no, if they could of i wish it was a little lower, but the pan does not allow it
Old 11-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for posting those pics SuperD. That's a nice seat.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:34 AM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to akitadog

SuperD Great looking seat. I've seen some of their work in the past on some bike write-ups in the bike mags...

akitadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

Cool that you recognized the name.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

Default :D

SuperD!!!

That looks great! I'm so glad you like it and are more comfortable. That seems like a good price for all that they did for you!

I have an appointment with them on Thursday to get some gel in mine! I'm so glad you posted this!!! Thank you!

"Ohhh Sherri, I wish there was a vote for best rswarrior member EVAR!!!!!!!" - Mike7202
Sherriism is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > General Forums > Product Reviews