RS Warrior Forum banner

Drive Belt

8K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  kp. 
#1 ·
just broke drive belt,,ordered new one from usa,,will not arrive till the 20/10/2011,,,can any body help out in victoria in the mean time,,got a ride booked on the 21st of this month....

Golden Dragon Rally
WhenFri 21 Oct 17:00 – Sun 23 Oct 2011 18:00 Eastern Time - Melbourne, Sydney

#2 ·
Maybe the local HD shop has a belt:

Aftermarket Replacement - HD: OEM NO. 40047-98 for 95-99 Softail w/65T pulleys (and others).
OEM Replacement: S&S/Gates #106-0359 Carbon = 1-1/8" wide, 14mm pitch, 130 tooth
OEM Replacement: Gates PC-130-118 (all stock pulleys)

#5 ·
shame I saw this too late.

Ive got a brand new one hanging in the shed. I've learnt my lesson :D

Greg (GT) always has a spare as well, and he's only 10 minutes away from you as well.

If it ever happens again, just give me or greg a call next time.

#6 ·
You guys might consider organizing a group buy on spare belts and rear tires. Plus, in the UK, they made a list of what other spares the group has in their respective garages in case anyone has an emergency and can't get a part. They get the part off the list and order a replacement shipped direct to the other guy. Heard no complaints so far. Do you guys have to pay high import duty from the USA?

#8 ·
G'day Zorba,
Always got spares sitting on the shelf here. Which brand did you order? The best ones to get are Gates Polychain or even better is the Gates/S&S Polychain.
If you ordered the Panther belt order another one now, one of the ones listed above or let me know and I can do you a deal on the Gates Poly for 1 1/8"

Cheers

#9 ·
G'day Zorba,
Always got spares sitting on the shelf here. Which brand did you order? The best ones to get are Gates Polychain or even better is the Gates/S&S Polychain.
If you ordered the Panther belt order another one now, one of the ones listed above or let me know and I can do you a deal on the Gates Poly for 1 1/8"

Cheers
anything other than the S&S/Gates belt wont stand up, I found that out brand new Panther belt lasted less than 10thousand K's.

After reading everything I could on here the S&S/Gates belt is the ducks nuts.

#13 ·
Hi Hans, if you have a Gates/S&S Polychain belt for sale I'm interested. Mine is currently ok, but i wouldn't mind a spare. Im still running the standard gearing. I don't want do anyone else out of buying, if they are in trouble and need a replacement quickly though. Cheers Ace.

#14 ·
Razorfire,

I have to disagree with you. Before Gates/S&S was invented there was Gates. I still have a Gates belt on my bike and it has been on there for about six years. I have the Gates/S&S as spares and only in 1 1/2". Dayco and panther belts were always found wanting and not very good quality. Things we learn on our travels.

ACE777

I don't have a spare Gates/S&S belt in 1 1/8" as a spare but I do have a Gates new and a second hand one that is in good nick, came off my bike when I went 1 1/2". Your choice.

Cheers All

#20 ·
ok - old info ...but i hope you guys are all resting those belts flat on something flat and not hanging them from a nail in the shed!!?...:eek:

none of them like being stored anyway and particularly not being treated like a leg of lamb!!.....they will get the ^rse ache and warp - 6 years in storage could be a problem!!

Prof didn't we have some notes on belt storage somewhere from last year?

i'll see if mine are to hand...my service book was some 550 pages thick and now has a parts book getting their...plus all the info that we've accumalted like this ...the forum rocks for that alone:D

who left the forum!!...did you get a day pass and abuse it then?....tut tut:eek:

#21 ·
I noticed a small, I suppose you would call it a hole about 5/32" dead centre of the drive belt, I don't know how long it has been there. But I have rang around and got some prices. I rang a coupler bike shops in Townsville, the first one quoted me $933.00 and 4 weeks, the second one Quoted me $750.00 and 4 weeks, so I tried the Internet as one does and consulted the forum in particular ArrazonaWarrior and found I beleive the belt Arrazona was talking about, (S&S Gates Drive belt corbon 106-0359 130T 14mm pitch x3n 1.125") I found it on "Amazon.com" web site for AUD $153.57 AUD $54.14 for frieght. And someone said that it is a better belt than the original. I have yet to see but I'm confident. I can buy three more with the change. It arrives around the 20 October, a bit late for the trip but I will take the risk. Atholross

#33 ·
Mine spat a belt on the weekend boys. i've jumped on Amazon and ordered an S&S DRIVE BELT 130T 1.125" CARBON 106-0359.

but as its coming from the states it'll be 3 weeks till she gets here. anyone got a newy (same brand as what i've just purchased) laying in the garage that they can post me? and i'll post you back my new S&S as soon as it arrives.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.