Cobra Fi 2000 - Page 2 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2012, 06:19 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Caledonian Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundermutt View Post
....this was on my bike from the stealership...have since upgraded to a Power Commander !!! 50.00 will take it....or any reasonable offer.....just let me know !!!
Please tell us more thundermutt. Was the Fi2000 no good for your bike ? and why choose a Power Commander over the other makes ?
I had a FuelPak at one time and felt I was getting nowhere with it. Ended up selling it for the 30 dollar mark, (cost me 200GBP's ) just to get shot of it and got a PC3 serial, and have no issues now at all.

Gav.
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 08:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Moderator

My apology. It has all plugs except battery. But it isn't plug-n-play it is manually tuned with three
dials, see the attached PDF file at: Warrior Fuel Managers

This 3-dial version was very successful for Cobra. Many members here have this unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrge View Post
You'll have to forgive me for not being as knowledgeable as others....

What I want to know is whether this one has the OEM connectors or if it's the one that needs spliced. If
that was already answered, then I apologize for not being able to decipher it from previous posts
arizonawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:07 AM   #13 (permalink)

To answer Caledonean Warriors question : the cobra was installed at the stealership along with a set of Vance and Hines Big Shots prior to me purchasing the bike. After becoming a member of this site, and a fair amount of reading what people with may more expertise than I, had written....I knew I wanted to notch up the performance on my bike. There is nothing wrong with the cobra....but I came to realize, you are limited in what it will do. So....I finally bit the bullet....got myself a bak, and a Power Commander. I took The Beast to a guy named Charles at HFD1 Motorsports not far from where I live in north Ga. He specializes in building and tuning race bikes....did a wonderful job installing a custom map from his dyno. To the more "seasoned" owners....you know exactly what I mean when I say....HOLY BATSHIT ROBIN !!!! I always knew there was a monster hiding somewhere down there under the tank.....and it got let out !!!! So...rode for a long time with the cobra....great little item ! Never had a bit of trouble with it....matter of fact...put it in a box and mailed it to Emerge....I had no use for it anymore ! Better to help out a warrior brother !! And I have a question to any other owners who may read this.....what would be the next performance step I would take ? Would LOVE to put a turbo on her....hmmmmm
thundermutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:22 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc S View Post
Thundermutt's a great guy!
Don't hesitate to do business with him

God Bless,
Doc S

A big +1 on that!
Old 12-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #15 (permalink)

Will you ship to Canada ??
Jimmy Cownay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Marketplace > Classifieds - For Sale