Parts? - Page 2 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 01:01 PM   #11 (permalink)

Now we're criticizing spelling? . . . Look, I know all about the light coming on when it starts using the reserve tank, I've been riding this bike for the past five years, I'm not stupid and don't appreciate being treated like I am. I've been thinking about going on a road trip for a while and i don't like the idea of counting the miles so i know when to stop for gas. There are no stock options for a fuel gauge? Great, but are there any aftermarket options? my buddy has a fuel gauge on his roadstar . . . the transition doesn't seem like it would be too difficult.
Ghost57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #12 (permalink)

Well you could do like most of us do and reset your trip meter when you fill up, and then try to remember you can go 100-130 miles before you have to push.... Thats not too difficult.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #13 (permalink)

+1 ^ 120 miles then fill her up!! Not that complicated!! and good luck getting any of these guys to help you out after showing your A$$ earlier!!
BIGDADDY1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost57 View Post
Did you really "lol?" . . . idiot. a friend of mine recently tried to sell me his roadstar with all the perks, INCLUDING a gass tank with a fuel gauge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost57 View Post
Now we're criticizing spelling? . . . Look, I know all about the light coming on when it starts using the reserve tank, I've been riding this bike for the past five years, I'm not stupid and don't appreciate being treated like I am. I've been thinking about going on a road trip for a while and i don't like the idea of counting the miles so i know when to stop for gas. There are no stock options for a fuel gauge? Great, but are there any aftermarket options? my buddy has a fuel gauge on his roadstar . . . the transition doesn't seem like it would be too difficult.
So -you're calling someone trying to help an idiot, then getting upset because someone criticized you? Seems a little hypocritical. And then you tell us you know all about the light and don't appreciate being treated as stupid, but you don't know this bike doesn't have an option of a fuel gauge? Chill out dude. We're here to help, but calling people names and then showing your butt won't get many people to want to help you. There are NO stock options for a fuel gauge. I'm curious -what year is your buddy's roadstar? Because if I'm not mistaken, they had carbs up until 2007. Much easier to put a fuel gauge on a bike with only one tank (which carbed bikes have), versus a bike with 2 tanks. You might find an aftermarket option of a fuel gauge, but I doubt it would work with both tanks. It would just tell you how much was left in the main tank.

Which you can do with the trip odometer anyway...
LeaderDuece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #15 (permalink)

I learned early on to watch for the fuel light to come on. I also learned early on to reset the trip meter at every fill up. I have 2 trip meters so I can set one for the fuel and one for the overall trip. I only ran out of gas one time and that was when I was test driving it before the final sale. I didn't know how many miles I could get before it ran out of gas. I made it home to his house and it died when I pulled into the garage! Too funny, but it worked out.

Words of wisdom I have learned about my bike, the components, and all the knowledge from these guys on the 4m. "You don't know what you don't know!" I have learned much from everyone and you know what, they are here to help even if they don't agree with a modification or information listed. They have helped so many save a ton of money by trying things first, getting to the bottom of the problem long before taking it to the dealership.

So in light of that, everyone just calm down, breathe and know we are all in this together in the Warrior Brotherhood!

Yep that's just the way it is!
Stay in the word!
Member 24379
twicechosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Marketplace > Classifieds - Wanted