Roadhouse slip on black - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2012, 11:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Roadhouse slip on black

looking for either new or gently used RoadHouse slip-on (BLACK) exhaust for my 2007 roadstar warrior.

what has been your experience with these slip-on? would love to make the bike a little louder.
zarshah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 07:23 AM   #2 (permalink)

Ours (on Hotwarriors bike now) has a real nice rumble. Most people love the sound. Possibly the best sounding of all pipes I've had/ heard on the Warrior.

Just idling through town it will set off car alarms - not even from being loud , but from bassy rumble - quite loud when you come on to it.

This one has a competition baffle that I don't think was available for a long time now. It has less pronounced baffles ... a little more straight through.

Pipe comes apart to repack baffle if needed. I blew the packing out several times.
bruce59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

zarshah
Welcome to the 4m.

I don't have a Roadhouse to sell you ,but I do have a Roadhouse.
A couple of things about the Roadhouse.

I like the sound and the look is better than stock. Make sure you also get the rear brake res. bracket too.

You will have to frequently repack the can and Roadhouse is no longer in business. No big deal, wrap it with steel wool then rock wool.

The large "end cap" button head cap screws will "pull" thru the pipe due to vibration. I ended up drilling and tapping 4 more to secure the end cap.

I bought my pipe from a local 4m member. He never used the stock header donut gasket when mounting it to the stock header and collasped it. I ended up using a stainless steel pipe sleeve to secure both ends. Sealed it pretty good.

Bottom line I like it.

g

Last edited by 1256day; 10-30-2012 at 07:45 AM. Reason: S
1256day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #4 (permalink)

i am running a black roadhouse slip on one of the best sounding slipons i think. Not for sale. I have no quality problems and have 19000 km on my bike..I don't know whos bike this is but a very good sound clip yamaha roadstar warrior XV1700 - YouTube
Old 10-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1256day View Post
zarshah
Welcome to the 4m.

I don't have a Roadhouse to sell you ,but I do have a Roadhouse.
2008 Warrior Roadhouse Slip-on exhaust - YouTube
A couple of things about the Roadhouse.

I like the sound and the look is better than stock. Make sure you also get the rear brake res. bracket too.

You will have to frequently repack the can and Roadhouse is no longer in business. No big deal, wrap it with steel wool then rock wool.

The large "end cap" button head cap screws will "pull" thru the pipe due to vibration. I ended up drilling and tapping 4 more to secure the end cap.

I bought my pipe from a local 4m member. He never used the stock header donut gasket when mounting it to the stock header and collasped it. I ended up using a stainless steel pipe sleeve to secure both ends. Sealed it pretty good.

Bottom line I like it.

g
We never had the issue noted in red above.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

I heard the rattle and saw the end cap was loose. When i took it apart to repack, i noticed the pulled thru holes. No biggie, just drilled 4 more holes. Now my end cap has 8 bolts instead of4.
G
Old 10-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

I think mine has 2 !
Old 10-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thank you all for the response and sharing your experience. found a site that still sell them.
Roadhouse Brand Outlaw Slip On Motorcycle Exhaust | Model 54-305 | Slip On Mufflers
zarshah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #9 (permalink)

Yikes,,,,,kinda pricey,,,,, look into the bub or cobra slip on. I have a cobra slip on too. I like the looks, but man is it loud.

Nobody has mentioned pc3 applications. I ran my roadhouse with out a tuner for a year.
I finally picked one up.and tuned it myself. What a difference in seat of the pants power.

Id call the folks up and see if they really have one
G
Old 11-03-2012, 12:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

Hello, I have a roadhouse also, and loved it, but the baffle flange has broken away from main body of the baffle. I took it to a welder who has not touched it in a couple of months. I need a new baffle if anyony out there has any parts for these. I can send pictures if needed. I am going to contact this company outlaw/clasiccruiser to see if they really have these for sale. I will probably get one if they do-great sound, great performance-highly reccomended!
rumblemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Marketplace > Classifieds - Wanted