hot rod old skool candy apple red paint set with checkered flag on e-bay tomorrow - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2008, 12:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default hot rod old skool candy apple red paint set with checkered flag on e-bay tomorrow

I have to finish wetsanding and polishing tomorrow but I'm pretty excited about the look so I wanted to share and more than likely, tomorrow, I'll be selling them on e-bay. For a couple of years now I have really liked the way the paint on this bike intrigrated the fender stays into the paint.

Now, I wasn't about to copy the scheme of the bike because somebody already copied it once but I did want to do a similar rear fender layout. Here's what I did. I painted the base in sparkling metal flake silver and layered candy apple on top so the shimmer would show through. then I layed out the chekered flag and painted the dark checkers in color changing paint that changes from black to emerald to blue depending on angle and sunlight. It's pretty cool because if you are standing in one angle, all of the dark checkers are one of those three colors, when they change, they all change. I painted the lighter checkers in color changing paint that change from silver (almost liquid metal look) to violet and pinstripped the entire thing with a bittersweet pearl. So, you have three different colors that can shift creating the illusion of motion. Came out pretty coo, very subtle actually. Here's what it looks like so far and tomorrow I'll post more pictures when the final shine is done. I think it's a pretty cool hotrod look. I've been itching to do somehot rod flats too but don't want to waste the urethane just to have a set of tins hanging around in my garage.

If you want to see the other 47 pictures, look here 47 pictures? for crying oul loud. I'll add the e-bay link when Ilist it.
washingtonwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2008, 12:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: hot rod old skool candy apple red paint set with checkered flag on e-bay

Now thats bad A$$!! Wish i had the money to buy them but times be hard and i have to settle with doing it myself.
Judge2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 12:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default Re: hot rod old skool candy apple red paint set with checkered flag on e-bay

Man, making it look that good and then putting her on the block. Make the buyer pay for that nice, new paint.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:09 AM   #4 (permalink)

Very nice Dennis! When you get famous for your work I can say I got a Dennis original!!
mdfdwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:14 AM   #5 (permalink)

hmmm, don'tpeople get famous for using paint after they are dead? If so, no rush . You can say whatever you want, you're the man, man.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

Nice design and I really like that red. What's next??
MarcoPolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

As usual, that is one hot paint job.
RaySDF250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:54 AM   #8 (permalink)

Default Re: hot rod old skool candy apple red paint set with checkered flag on e-bay tomorrow

Love it
Old 07-18-2008, 07:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
LTR

Wow, you are killing me hear. You really want to dip into my mod money don't you
LTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:36 AM   #10 (permalink)

I was thinking about a pink warrior with flaming turds,can you visualize that? If so, sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Polo

Nice design and I really like that red. What's next??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Marketplace > Items on eBay Craigslist and Similar > Ebay/Craigslist Discussions