RS Warrior Forum banner

Speedstar Exhaust

3K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  68ramair 
#1 ·
I should have mentioned this earlier, but didn't think I was going to get outbid and didn't want additional competition. Sorry. At least someone got a decent deal. Hopefully, it was someone from RSWarrior.com.

Yamaha RoadStar Warrior Speed Star Exhaust | eBay

Opening bid was only $200.

#2 ·
nice exhaust, someone got a decent deal, thing about it is, if you post up that you are bidding on it alot of times other people wont. but chances are if it was someone from rswarrior that picked it up they were thinking the same thing you were.

#6 ·
I was watching just to see what it sold for. I thought about bidding for a hot minute but it appeared to have some light scratches/scuffs on the face of the can and I didn't want to gamble on how good or bad they showed so I passed. Still a nice deal for somebody QQn for a nice used exhaust though.

#8 ·
I have been looking for a set of Speedstar pipes for the past year and as usual this one caught my eye. I was disappointed to notice that the seller saw fit to exclude any ebay member from Canada as he stated that he would ship to USA addresses only. Suffice to say here that, was I able to bid, the final amount would in all probability, be greater than $305!
More importantly, what really blew me out of the water was the bidding manner. The starting bid was $200 with a $2.50 increments. Bid 2 was at $305. When the $305 maximum bid was made, (assumed by me to be a maximum bid), should not bid 2 be $202.50? Certainly a bid was received between $200 and $305. I do not use eBay a lot, but am I missing something here? In other words and assuming I could bid in the amount $310, with no further bids, would bid 2 be $305 and bid 3 be $310?

#13 ·
Yes you are missing something. When you bid, your bid only outbids the lowest bidder. Don't know how to explain it clearly, but I'll tell you what I did.

The starting bid was $200. GNO probably bid $302.50, so whenever anyone bids anything below that GNO's bid automatically outbids that bid by $2.50 until the bids pass his $302.50.

That's why when I bid $350 with 5 seconds left I won the speedstar for $305. Yes, that was me. My Ebay ID is the same as it is here, 68ramair. I didn't mention it here for the same reason. Being and Ebay sniper, that's how I roll. Sorry GNO.

#10 ·
I will have a look and try to take some pics that accurately show the condition and see what you think ... and then we can check on shipping. As luck would have it I just threw out all the boxes. The pipes were taking up too much space and I decided I would hang them up ... not insurmountable ...
Give me a day or so.

#11 ·
I got a set of HC Pistons that all the brother's here were willing to yield to me much like a first post to a sale on here.

Because of rswarrior.com, I got Yamaha HC Pistons delivered for under 300 bucks

If you see something you want, maybe mention it here and see if we can make things easier on a warrior brother...worked for me....thanks all for that, me like HC pistons a lot.....lmao

#16 ·
There is no reason for being sorry brother, we are all on this together for the love of our bike. I am waiting for the law of averages to tilt in my favour!
Yea yea a classic case of 2 bidders with 2 bids within a relative small dollar range and time frame. Just for curiosity purposes, I checked the bidding history. I think I am now ready if something like this pops up again. Lol
Congrats 68ramair on a great find. It' appears that the pipes are in great shape. It is so difficult to get a good picture of chrome. These pipes are very durable and should last a long time.
Have fun and enjoy them. If they are too loud let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#20 ·
#25 ·
Ok, so I really don't get all the hype about the speedstar exhaust. Is it because they don't make it anymore? I get that it's a 2-1-2 and angled up more than the pro pipe but I think the pro pipe looks much better, flows better, and provides the same amount of performance. Plus I was able to lower the passenger pegs.

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com App

#26 ·
I have the propipe also, so maybe I'll do the whole comparison thing. The ss adds some ground clearance, but just touches my saddle bags. I have ghost brackets, so that's not a big deal other than I can't run the bags. The ss is also heavier and seems more solid. The propipe may drag but allows for saddle bags. Right now we're into the 40's and dropping, so no good riding until spring.

#27 · (Edited)
I have the propipe also, so maybe I'll do the whole comparison thing. The ss adds some ground clearance, but just touches my saddle bags. I have ghost brackets, so that's not a big deal other than I can't run the bags. The ss is also heavier and seems more solid. The propipe may drag but allows for saddle bags. Right now we're into the 40's and dropping, so no good riding until spring.
I have EasyBrackets (similar to ghost brackets I think) and I positioned them so that I could use my bags with the stock pipe. So they also work with the Speedstar 2-1-2. These are the Saddlemen XL size bags and the tops are level with most seats so that I can put a trunk bag across the back of the seat.

I have had several Speedstar and a couple propipes.One members Dyno comparisons of the 2 showed the Speedstar to give more power.

A big thing for me is the ground clearance . The propipe will scrape.
Not sure, but inner diameter of the headers might be larger on Speedstar.

The sound of the Speedstar pipe is very unique and distinctive. At first I wasn't crazy about the look where the muffler and header meet but overall I like the look of it better than the Propipe.

So, for my use and tastes the Speedstar leads on all counts.

#28 ·
Your bags are smaller than mine. I do have a smaller set with brackets that would probably work, I'll have to dig them up if I want to use the s*. I just like the bigger set because I tend to forget I'm on the bike and over buy.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.